PDA

View Full Version : Carter urethane bandsaw tires - question about crowning

Brian Tymchak
12-19-2019, 9:44 AM
I picked up the blue Carter bandsaw tires recently, kind of on a whim as I knew I would be doing the guides upgrade this week and figured I would change the tires at the same time. I've never changed tires, so this is a learning experience. Today I noticed that Carter mentions on their website that these tires have uniform thickness, iow, not crowned. Do urethane tires not need to be crowned? If they do, how is that done?

Thanks!

Mike Kees
12-19-2019, 10:01 AM
What bandsaw are we talking about here. If it is a 14'' saw like a delta or powermatic type the wheels themselves are already crowned and the tire fits in a groove. It is basically impossible to help you more without more information. there are lots of saws with flat wheels,these are mostly big machines with wheels bigger than 20'' or bandsaws designed to Resaw wood.

Brian Tymchak
12-19-2019, 11:52 AM
What bandsaw are we talking about here. If it is a 14'' saw like a delta or powermatic type the wheels themselves are already crowned and the tire fits in a groove. It is basically impossible to help you more without more information. there are lots of saws with flat wheels,these are mostly big machines with wheels bigger than 20'' or bandsaws designed to Resaw wood.

Thanks Mike. The saw is a 14" Rikon (10-325). Did not realize that those wheels might have crown built in but makes a lot of sense.