PDA

View Full Version : Some Pepper mills for Christmas

Frank Parker
12-19-2005, 3:34 PM
These are some peppermills I made for Christmas presents. The first one I'm not sure what type of wood it is, the second and third are maple. The first is finished with walnut oil, the second is tung oil, the third is danish oil. The second and third are buffed with the beale system, all three are right at 8" tall and 2-1/2" in diameter.
Frank

Bernie Weishapl
12-19-2005, 4:04 PM
Frank those are beautiful. I like the looks of the center on the best but that is just me. They are all well done.

Mark Hulette
12-19-2005, 5:46 PM
Hi Frank-

Very nice work! I'm like Bernie... I like the wood/color/grain of the middle one but like the form of the one on the right.

Thanks for sharing!

Blake McCully
12-19-2005, 5:50 PM
Cool mills, Frank. Those are a blast to make.

Merry Christmas.

Chris Barton
12-19-2005, 6:25 PM
Very nice! I like the middle one the best. Hard to believe its maple with that color!

dennis kranz
12-19-2005, 6:47 PM
Not being a turner how hard is it to make a salt shacker to match? They look great and I'm wth the rest middle one.
Dennis

John Hart
12-19-2005, 6:49 PM
I guess I have to break away...The curl on the far right is to die for...Love it. My guess is Beech for the one on the left. They're all great Frank!!!!:) :)

Bill Stevener
12-19-2005, 7:39 PM
Very nice looking pepper mills Frank.

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

Frank Parker
12-19-2005, 8:30 PM
Hi Dennis, I've never done a salt grinder but I believe it"s about the same. My tail stock has so much movement that it was a pain to drill the hole. These were the first ones i've tried, I like the form of the third one but it's a tie between the second and third on which has more beaultiful figure.
Thanks, Frank

Ernie Nyvall
12-19-2005, 8:53 PM
Those look great Frank. I have to go for the one on the right.

Now look what you did. Swmbo just saw them and wants a matching pair of salt and pepper. I guess I'll have to give it a try.:)

Ernie

Ed Scolforo
12-19-2005, 9:36 PM
Frank, They all look nice. I think I'd pick the middle one as my favorite. There's just something about a darker colored wood on a peppermill that I find appealing. Keep it up! Ed

Andy Hoyt
12-19-2005, 10:32 PM
I'm with Ed. The middle one just talks pepper; while the one on the right talks Mrs. Dash. And I have no idea what the one on the left is saying.

Corey Hallagan
12-19-2005, 11:02 PM
Those are very nice, I like the middle one as well, but they all look great!

Corey