PDA

View Full Version : CT-250T saw from Sunhill

Lloyd McKinlay
12-19-2005, 2:47 PM
Asking this on a couple forums. Any experience with this saw? Was ready to buy a Grizzly G-1023SL with mobile base but the above is on sale at nearly $300 less. 2hp instead of 3 and weighs about 100 lbs less. The savings allows me a nice upgrade on the mitre gauge with $'s left over.

Any thoughts or experience?

(http://www.sunhillmachinery.com/index.htm)

David Wilson
12-19-2005, 2:59 PM
Lloyd
Looked at the sunhill saw on the link. Not sure but it looks like a direct drive saw. This meens that if the moter goes bad the saw is trash. With a belt drive saw the moter can be replaced without the arbor. Also direct drive saws have more vibration, therefore less precision. Just my $.02

David Wilson
12-19-2005, 3:07 PM
Sorry Lloyd.
Was looking at a different saw. Please ignore my post.

tod evans
12-19-2005, 3:09 PM
the whole saw costs as much as a biesmier fence, i doubt you`d be getting much for your money? but i`ve never driven one...02 tod
whoops, i did it too! the saw is the "t" designation, not the "a" that pops up with the link......sorry but i haven`t driven this one either..tod

scott spencer
12-19-2005, 3:50 PM
Getting some feedback from the GI hybrid owners may be helpful to you...the basic GI and Sunhill appear pretty similar other than the switch.

The GI offers an Biese fence option.

Keep in mind that you're comparing two different classifications of saws. The hybrids are plenty capable and fill a niche for homeshops, but the full commercial cabinet saws are in a different league for power, mass, and ruggedness.