PDA

View Full Version : Japanese style case PIC

Mark Valsi
07-08-2003, 10:24 AM
Now that I know how to post pics here, I'll give it another try.

This is a Japanese style that I tried to make. the Hardware really makes the project. of course the Bird's eye maple doesn't hurt either

Comments are welcomed

Randy Gleckler
07-08-2003, 10:48 AM
Let me be the first to say that is an Awesome case you built there. Your right the Hardware does really catch the eye but looks awesome with the Bird's eye Maple. That is very very nice looking. Thanks for sharing.

Randy

Doug Jones
07-08-2003, 12:28 PM
That is a good looking piece of work. Man, I got to get some of that type of maple. That is some good looking wood. Once again, quality on this board is the best.

Tom Sweeney
07-08-2003, 8:42 PM
I posted a response earlier but I guess it didn't take. I love Japanese & Japanese inspired furniture.

The Tansu design is one that I usually think is either spectacular or just doesn't look right to me for some reason. Your cabinet definately falls into the first category. I think the choice of wood is what really sets it off.

Fine work.

I do have a suggestion on the pics though. If you resize the pic smaller, even to 480 px wide it would be easier to see you fine craftsmanship because I wouldn't have to scroll. I actually prefer to view the screen at 800 X 600 px. It's easier on my eyes.