PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Cash Scrollsaw Pattern???

Charles McKinley
12-19-2005, 12:18 PM
Hi All,

Does anyone have a good scrollsaw pattern of The Man in Black or know of where I can get one?

Thanks

John Miliunas
12-19-2005, 12:21 PM
Charles, you may want to PM Dale Thompson. I believe he's a fan and, if I'm not mistaken, I've seen some scroll work by him including the Guy in Black!:) :cool:

Marcus Ward
12-19-2005, 1:52 PM
Hi All,

Does anyone have a good scrollsaw pattern of The Man in Black or know of where I can get one?

Thanks

Are you talking about something like this?

http://www.f-64.org/johnny_cashbw.jpg

And do you need it bigger? I just did that in photoshop from a photograph.

Charles McKinley
12-19-2005, 10:29 PM
Thanks Guys,

John: I'll PM Dale. I like the new uniform.

Marcus: Thanks for the pic. I'll show it to my uncle and see what he thinks.

I really need to get my Uncle Bill past his computer phobia so he can have input here rather than just post questions through me.

Dale Thompson
12-20-2005, 12:24 AM
Charles, you may want to PM Dale Thompson. I believe he's a fan and, if I'm not mistaken, I've seen some scroll work by him including the Guy in Black!:) :cool:

Hey Spring,
The "Man in Black" that you remember was "The Intimidator", #3. :) As I told Charles in my PM, I haven't yet developed the guts to do a "CASH" portrait. As his "Original" fan, I am easily old enough to require glasses.

Until I can afford new "wipers" on my glasses, I KNOW that I would NEVER get through cutting a portrait of my "Man". :o The recent Network TV "Salute to Johnny Cash" was the longest 60 minutes of my life. Watching others sing his songs with his picture in the background was unbearable. The only reason that I "hung in there" was to see his fellow "Outlaw" Chris. Chris is an absolute genius and was worth the tears. :o

I'm not sure that I will EVER watch the new movie, "Walk the Line".

Sorry for the rant! :o

Dale T.

Keith Starosta
12-20-2005, 8:00 AM
While I'm not the biggest fan of Johnny Cash, I understand what you mean, Dale. However, for what it's worth.....Jouquin Phoenix does an outstanding job with the role.

Keith

Rob Bourgeois
12-20-2005, 8:40 AM
Are you talking about something like this?

http://www.f-64.org/johnny_cashbw.jpg

And do you need it bigger? I just did that in photoshop from a photograph.

Good pattern...just make sure you dont have any white "islands" and it will be perfect.

White islands fall on the floor.

Matt Crew
12-20-2005, 2:08 PM
Dale,
I grew up listening to Johnny Cash. My father had most of his original albums.
You could not believe how you feel like your watching John and June on that screen. The movie was great, and a true tribute to the origanal outlaw. I had recorded the San Quentin concert on C.M.T. and watched it right after getting home from the theater. Juaquin Pheonix nailed it.
Perhaps on of the laser guys could come up with something.

Dale Thompson
12-20-2005, 9:38 PM
Keith and Matt,
Thanks for the encouragement but I can tell that you are both young guys with interests, justifiably, beyond Cash! :) ;)

I grew up with Cash and have most of his albums dating back to Sun Records. Can you imagine a SINGLE record company having Cash, Elvis, Carl Perkins and Jerry Lee Lewis under contract at the SAME time!! :D :eek:

Anyway, I've seen Cash in most of the major venues around the midwest. The one I remember best, however, is the last time that I saw him. It was in a very small theatre holding maybe 400 people with added folding chairs. The location was Manitowoc, WI., which is about 30 miles southeast of Green Bay. My wife and I were in the second row courtesy of a birthday present that I had received from my daughter. We could almost have tied his shoes if that would have been necessary. ;)

When he came on stage, he did not do the usual, "HI - I'M JOHNNY CASH!". He apologized for the fact that this was the FIRST time that he had EVER appeared on stage without shaving. He explained that he was doing a movie out in Hollywood and he was playing the "unshaven" bad guy. The movie was scheduled to be completed on Friday but was behind in its shooting deadlines. This was Saturday and he had to return on Monday to finish the film.

NOBODY COMPLAINED! :) He then said, as was always expected, "HI! - I'M JOHNNY CASH!". He proceeded to introduce his wife June Carter and the rest is a personal treasure of memories that I will NEVER forget and can't find the words to share! :o

Here I go again. Another rant! :o

Dale T.

Corey Hallagan
12-20-2005, 10:01 PM
Several years ago Johnny was performing here in Council Bluffs for one of the Police unions etc. benifits. It was in my old High School Gymnasium and was a good show with June and John until he collapsed on stage. He got as white as a ghost. They spent about three weeks here under the care of our family heart doctor. That was the beginning of his heart problems. I grew up listening to Johnny myself, my pops was a big fan and he gave me some of his orignal vinyl. I would do my Johnny impression for you but in a short time it kind of transforms in to Elvis :)
Corey

Don Baer
12-20-2005, 10:10 PM
I have been lucky to attend a number of his concerts. As it turns out his business manager was an alumnus of Claremont College so whenever he did a west coast tour he alway did a concert at the Claremont College. I have privilidged to see him, June and the whole Carter Faminly including Momma Maybell Carter a number of times in a small venue. Great entertainment. I know how you feel Dale. Too bad he's gone from us he truly was a great entertainer.

Dale Thompson
12-20-2005, 10:25 PM
I would do my Johnny impression for you but in a short time it kind of transforms in to Elvis :)
Corey

Corey,
We'd like to see your Elvis impression first! :cool: If that doesn't create gastronomic hemorhaging (i.e. barfing), I'd REALLY like to see you do Cash!! :) :) :D Thanks! You've cheered me up! :D

Dale T.

Dale Thompson
12-20-2005, 10:50 PM
I know how you feel Dale. Too bad he's gone from us he truly was a great entertainer.

Don,
Please accept my heartfelt gratitude! :) Why am I such a woos over a simple entertainer? Maybe it's because of his song, "The Man in Black", with an opening verse like, "You wonder why I always dress in black, why I never wear bright colors on my back" -- etc.. ? :confused:

Maybe it was because of his story-telling albums like, Bitter Tears and Ride This Train. :confused:

Maybe it was because of his version of Chris Christopher's song about the truck drivers, the truck stop waitress, two "Oakie" kids and a rainbow. :confused:

Maybe it is just that I am a woos about certain things! :confused:

I plead guilty to all of the above! :) :D

MERRY CHRISTMAS, Don!

Dale T.