PDA

View Full Version : Biesemeyer Fence Refinishing Question???

Michael A. Tyree
12-13-2019, 5:48 PM
Does the Biesemeyer fence when original have a clearcoat finish on the bare metal strip area where the cam locks up?

I ordered a new measuring tape strip on Amazon-I went with the Komelon strip with adhesive @ $5.97

I am painting my fence along with the M66 PM saw I just bought. It's white now from a crummy rattle can job by the seller.
The fence itself is in VG shape overall and I've decided to keep the original fence faces, just paint it. The slides are good as is the view line window.
Color: white or PM gold?

Frank Pratt
12-13-2019, 7:55 PM
The Bies I had was just bare steel where the glide pads & cam locks run. Same with the SawStop clone.

Mike Kees
12-13-2019, 8:44 PM
Mine is just like Frank's, bare metal.

Frederick Skelly
12-13-2019, 9:11 PM
Mine is just like Frank's, bare metal.

Mine too.....

Lee Schierer
12-13-2019, 9:49 PM
Mine is bare metal as well.

Andrew Seemann
12-13-2019, 10:23 PM
I've got a set of original Biesemeyer rails, pre-Delta buy out. They are bare steel as well.

Michael A. Tyree
12-14-2019, 7:27 AM
Thanks, so does that steel pathway have a clear coat on it or as said above-bare steel for "bite"?

BTW, my Biesemeyer fence has the formica glide pads on it and enough still there to leave them alone for now.

What colors were these seen in on a PM M66? Some gold, some white or what? It will get some sort of paint as the rattle can job is flaking from removal/handling.

Lee Schierer
12-14-2019, 7:50 AM
Thanks, so does that steel pathway have a clear coat on it or as said above-bare steel for "bite"?

It is bare steel no coating of any kind.......