PDA

View Full Version : Woodpeck New Drill Press Table

Mike Goetzke
12-09-2019, 12:15 PM
Years ago I built a DP table but it's seen it's day now. Guess I could build another but I see Woodpeckers has complete packages including the table starting at $150.

Anyone have the new Woodpeckers DP table?

Thanks

ChrisA Edwards
12-09-2019, 1:00 PM
Yes, I have the Woodpeckers drill press table on my old Delta floor standing drill press.

It functions, has an easy adjustable fence, hold downs and stops.

I drilled holes for four threaded 5/16" inserts, on the under side and use male threaded knobs to hold the Woodpeckers table to the Delta table.

Brian Tymchak
12-09-2019, 4:18 PM
I put a Woodpeckers table on my benchtop Jet DP several years ago. For the most part it worked well. I had to grind off the back right corner a bit to clear the height adjustment handle. The fence that was included had knurled brass nobs to tighten down the fence, and fence stops. Those were a bit of a pain sometimes. Hopefully the new products have a different solution for that. Also, not sure if it is the table or the small metal drill press table supporting it, but over time the table developed a minor tilt to the front that I had to account for when setting up to drill. I would definitely not consider the woodpeckers tables to be a heavy duty solution, but would work for most all tasks.

Pat Rice
12-09-2019, 7:49 PM
I purchased the Woodpecker drill press table but ultimately did not like the table design and built my own table and re used their hardware. The problem I ran into is that the fence couldn’t be moved very far back before coming out of the track

glenn bradley
12-09-2019, 8:29 PM
I have the older version with a plywood substrate. I agree that the new format would need a little after-market help to meet my needs. Adding additional rails would be easy enough and the basic layout is good.

Jacob Mac
12-09-2019, 9:52 PM
I purchased the Woodpecker drill press table but ultimately did not like the table design and built my own table and re used their hardware. The problem I ran into is that the fence couldn’t be moved very far back before coming out of the track

My experience as well. I wouldn't recommend it unless you want to modify it

Mike Wilkins
12-09-2019, 10:00 PM
I have the Woodcraft version of the same table on my Nova Voyager and it has held up fine. I made some table inserts out of 1/2" plywood which can rotate for a fresh surface, to reduce tear out on the bottom of a board. I later upgraded to the Woodpeckers drill press fence. Around $80 but worth it.