PDA

View Full Version : Computer question

Doug Keener
07-08-2003, 9:49 AM
For the longest time I have had to manually delete 'temporary internet files' even though I have selected to automatically delete them. Even when I select to manually delete them by selecting 'tools' then 'options', then 'delete temporary internet files', there are still over 1 gigabit of files remaining.

Can I do a delete by going to the folder itself and selecting them and do a delete? Running out of disk space!!!! Doug Keener :confused:

Bobby Hatfield
07-08-2003, 3:13 PM
For the longest time I have had to manually delete 'temporary internet files' even though I have selected to automatically delete them. Even when I select to manually delete them by selecting 'tools' then 'options', then 'delete temporary internet files', there are still over 1 gigabit of files remaining.

Can I do a delete by going to the folder itself and selecting them and do a delete? Running out of disk space!!!! Doug Keener :confused:

I have the same problem on my 98, waiting for the problem solver.

Roger Myers
07-08-2003, 3:20 PM
Check that you are periodically emptying the "recycle bin" - caution, once deleted from here, recovery of files is more difficult should you find you deleted in error...
Also, in internet options you can specify the amount of space you wish to allow for use by temporary internet files....

Roger

Ken Salisbury
07-08-2003, 5:20 PM
Doug,

If you are operating Windows, do the following:
1. Click "My Computer" on your desktop

2. Open "Main (C:)"

3. Right Click "Properties"

4. Click "Disk Clean-up"

A box will appear where you can select what files you want to delete. "Temporary Internet Files" is one of the selections as is the Recycle Bin.

Pick which files you want to delete and click "OK"