PDA

View Full Version : It's All Bernie and Bob's Fault.......

Corey Hallagan
12-18-2005, 11:49 PM
I was jealous of Bernie when he emailed me and told me the deal he got on his mini lathe so i had to get one to! :) , Not really, been popping in and out of here for sometime. Got to looking at mini lathes and talking to Bernie and Bob Noles who are beginners as well so i decided to take the plunge with these two newbies as well! So, my Christmas present will be the PSI Turncrafters Pro Mini lathe and penmakers assessory set. I will so be buying a set of modest priced HSS Turning Chisels to learn on and who knows from there! Pens have always interested me here and I plan on making pen and box sets, that is if I can get the hang of it. Anyway, I will be ordering it on Wed this week. Hope it isn't to cold in the shop in about a week or so! Thanks alot Bernie, you got me into this!!

Corey

Bob Noles
12-18-2005, 11:54 PM
Dang Corey.... it's about time. I thought your were going to break my record of fence sitting before it was over :D

Hey.... CONGRATS! If we can round up a few more, us newbies can run this place :eek:

Carole Valentine
12-18-2005, 11:57 PM
Congrats! Anyone who even comes near this forum is doomed.:D

Andy Hoyt
12-18-2005, 11:58 PM
Way to go Corey!

Jeez, you hit the slippery slope mighty fast.

Musta used some of that tuning wax on your credit card, huh?

In honor of this occasion I've provided a small token of my appreciation in another thread elsewhere.

Bob Yarbrough
12-19-2005, 12:03 AM
I would not buy a "set" of turning tools. I bought a "pen" turning 3 tool set and ended up buying a quality roughing gouge and plan on picking up a larger, quality skew. Just my opinion. You will have a blast.

I started by taking a class mid-November, have turned about 20 pens and 10 pencils so far. I also spent a few hours this morning cutting, drilling and gluing up blanks for the 10 kits I have sitting in the shop. Also just recieved 5 kalidiscope kits and blanks from the brown truck. Going to try my hand on them this week.

Next it's time to buy a few tools for turning bowls/vases. I bielve that I'm hopelessley hooked on my lathe.

Have fun,

Bob

Ernie Nyvall
12-19-2005, 12:03 AM
Congratulations Corey and welcome to the turners zone. dodododo dodododo badababom.

Ernie

Corey Hallagan
12-19-2005, 12:38 AM
Thanks guys, can't wait to get the shipment!

Corey

John Hart
12-19-2005, 7:09 AM
Woo Hoo!!! The vortex has grabbed another one!! Great Corey! Get yourself a good heater...we have a contest coming soon!!! Welcome to the abyss!:D

Bernie Weishapl
12-19-2005, 10:47 AM
Corey it ain't my fault. Geeez Andy you keep putting that finishing wax on the hill its no wonder Corey slipped into the black hole.:eek: Congrats Corey. I am happy for you. Now we have 3 of us that can bungle our way thru this.

Ron Ainge
12-19-2005, 11:07 AM
Corey welcome to the other side the spinning one. you are located in an area that is great for one of my foverate pen making materials, corn cobs. If you want some ideas on how to turn them let me know and I will try to help you out. I have been turning for about 3 years and I have loved every moment of it. I hope you do to.

Lee DeRaud
12-19-2005, 11:26 AM
Anyone who even comes near this forum is doomed.:DAaaarrrrgggghhh!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Maybe with my spring bonus...

Bob Noles
12-19-2005, 11:31 AM
Ron,

Now that sounds interesting for sure. How about some pictures? Would love to see a sample of that.

Corey welcome to the other side the spinning one. you are located in an area that is great for one of my foverate pen making materials, corn cobs. If you want some ideas on how to turn them let me know and I will try to help you out. I have been turning for about 3 years and I have loved every moment of it. I hope you do to.

Andy Hoyt
12-19-2005, 11:53 AM
.....Maybe with my spring bonus...

We heard that, Lee.

Dennis Peacock
12-19-2005, 1:14 PM
CONGRATS.!!!!! It was just a matter of time. :rolleyes: :D

Keith Burns
12-19-2005, 1:26 PM
Another one bites the dust:) :D :) Way to go!!!

Bob Noles
12-19-2005, 1:45 PM
Think maybe we should post a warning or keep out sign on the forum title? :eek:

Bernie Weishapl
12-19-2005, 1:48 PM
Naw Bob, as long as Andy keeps waxing the hill they will just keep falling into the black hole.:eek: :D

Andy Hoyt
12-19-2005, 5:19 PM
Ron,

Now that sounds interesting for sure. How about some pictures? Would love to see a sample of that.

Bob - Check out the Fall 2005 issue of Woodturning Design Magazine or www.woodturningdesign.com

Bob Noles
12-19-2005, 6:17 PM
Thanks Andy, I'll do that.

Chris Barton
12-19-2005, 6:24 PM
Great move Cory! We look forward to seeing your future projects!

Corey Hallagan
12-19-2005, 9:11 PM
Oh man, I guess that does mean one more magazine subscription!! I am dooomed!
Corey