PDA

View Full Version : Reminder: 12/2 is Cyber Monday at Lee Valley

Frederick Skelly
12-01-2019, 8:55 PM
Title says it all. Hope Santa comes early for everyone!
Fred

David Bassett
12-01-2019, 9:02 PM
Title says it all. Hope Santa comes early for everyone!
Fred

Dude! Do you realize how fast the good stuff sells? Remind all of them *AFTER* you've gotten your order placed. :)

Malcolm Schweizer
12-01-2019, 9:31 PM
Dude! Do you realize how fast the good stuff sells? Remind all of them *AFTER* you've gotten your order placed. :)

Admins please delete this thread before anyone else sees it!!!!

Hey, at least ya don’t live in Atlantic time zone. I have to wait until 1 AM for the sale to start.

Rob Lee
12-01-2019, 11:16 PM
Yeah....but I have to work, and am not allowed to buy anything.....Stats show 200+ lurkers right now.....!

Admins please delete this thread before anyone else sees it!!!!

Hey, at least ya don’t live in Atlantic time zone. I have to wait until 1 AM for the sale to start.

Aaron Rosenthal
12-01-2019, 11:50 PM
On the site; last night it showed the dale on the front page, now there's nothing.
..One of the lurkers

Malcolm Schweizer
12-01-2019, 11:53 PM
Where is the Cyber Monday link??? Ack!!!

Aaron Rosenthal
12-01-2019, 11:54 PM
My problem too. Malcolm

Malcolm Schweizer
12-01-2019, 11:57 PM
My problem too. Malcolm
It’s back. Not sure if this made a difference but it keeps putting me on the Canadian site and I have to set it back to US site. Maybe it is coincidence but now it’s there.

Malcolm Schweizer
12-01-2019, 11:58 PM
It’s back. Not sure if this made a difference but it keeps putting me on the Canadian site and I have to set it back to US site. Maybe it is coincidence but now it’s there.
... but I see you are in Canada. Well- maybe it’s coincidence anyway.

Aaron Rosenthal
12-01-2019, 11:59 PM
I'm on the canadian site.. Care to send me a link? Still cant see it

Rob Lee
12-02-2019, 12:00 AM
The pages are in the process of changing.... all normal.

The Cyber Monday portion will become visible to IP addresses outside of our firewall after midnight... in about 2 minutes!

Cheers - and good hunting....

Rob

Hasin Haroon
12-02-2019, 12:10 AM
It appears the website has crashed. I hope its not just for me!

Brad Swanson
12-02-2019, 12:11 AM
Shooting plane score :).

Albert Dao
12-02-2019, 12:14 AM
Not just you :(

Hasin Haroon
12-02-2019, 12:19 AM
It appears to be back up, but the cart is non functional at this point. Must be a lot of shoppers checking out right now!

Steven Mikes
12-02-2019, 12:21 AM
Not working for me :( Trying to place order, the Shipping Option in checkout of all things is saying "Service not available, please try again later"

David Bassett
12-02-2019, 12:25 AM
Can't check out... I'd blame the new website, but I'm pretty sure we crashed the old the last couple years too.

Aaron Rosenthal
12-02-2019, 12:29 AM
Steven, go back and refresh.
I also had a bit of trouble, went back & input my CC info, it checked me out.
Got a #7 Jointer and 250.00 card. That's enough. Would have likes to see some chisels, but, ,,,,,

Frederick Skelly
12-02-2019, 12:30 AM
Wont let me checkout either. Keep getting "service not available, please try later." When I log back in or refresh, it says "your cart has generated an error message" followed by "message". It's probably karma for me posting this reminder, eh guys? :) :) :) Glad the only thing I wanted was a $40 mini-block plane this year. Edit: Ah, and it just went outta stock.

Good luck to the rest of you folks!

Fred

Rob Lee
12-02-2019, 12:36 AM
Website really bogged down. Wont let me checkout. Keep getting "service not available, please try later." Glad the only thing I wanted was small this year. Good luck to the rest of you folks!

Betcha Rob has his entire IT staff at work tonite. Heckova shakedown cruise for the new system.

Fred

We're watching real-time....

Servers slowed at midnite, as they warmed with new content.... but are running at 1600% of "normal" with sub 3 second response.

Seems to be handling traffic well - despite the issues noted above.

The only suggestion I can make is to retry.....

It could be that being active while the site enabled new content may have caused problems..... but that's just a guess....

Rob

Jim Braun
12-02-2019, 12:38 AM
Hi Rob,

I have tried several times now and the shipping option keeps timing out. I have forwarded a screen shot to customer service.

Thanks
Jim

Malcolm Schweizer
12-02-2019, 12:40 AM

This is my current error. Posting only so Rob can see.

Albert Dao
12-02-2019, 12:41 AM
Bugger, I'm still unable to proceed to CC information. Checkout is grey'd out as an option.

Jim Cumings
12-02-2019, 12:51 AM
No joy. Couldn't get past the shipping screen, now the shooting plane is out of stock. Oh well.

Edwin Santos
12-02-2019, 12:56 AM
Same dilemma here. Despite lots of refreshes, can't get to checkout and payment. The entire process is very very slow, but even after several minutes, an error message pops up and further checkout is not possible. I gave up after receiving the same error message Malcolm has posted.

Albert Dao
12-02-2019, 1:07 AM
On the bright side, the big discount GC is 15%, which puts it within a stone's throw of the seconds discount (within $10-20 for most planes). I might just call it a night and snag one of those tomorrow.

Cody Kemble
12-02-2019, 1:10 AM
I have been trying to check out for 45 minutes now. The shipping will not load for me. I’m about to give up I have to be up in 3 hours. Hope everyone fairs better.

Michael Bulatowicz
12-02-2019, 1:12 AM
Took 13 minutes (no refresh) on my end to check out; everything I ordered except the gift card is now out of stock.

Rob Lee
12-02-2019, 1:40 AM
Hi Michael -

Did you miss anything? I show you checked out with 5 items.... and they all still have stock...

At this time - more than 100 large shoulder planes still there....!

Cheers -

Rob

Took 13 minutes (no refresh) on my end to check out; everything I ordered except the gift card is now out of stock.

David Bassett
12-02-2019, 1:41 AM
Hang in there folks, mine finally went all the way through without error message. Maybe things are starting to unwind.

It occurs to me LV isn't Amazon and this might be the only day of the year that isn't a good thing!

Rob Lee
12-02-2019, 1:48 AM
Thanks David -

Looks like the tennis ball has passed through the snake.....

Vendors and contractors are all on-line, and trying to isolate what went wrong - but things are flowing well again after some server re-boots.

Rob

Hang in there folks, mine finally went all the way through without error message. Maybe things are starting to unwind.

It occurs to me LV isn't Amazon and this might be the only day of the year that isn't a good thing!

Malcolm Schweizer
12-02-2019, 4:59 AM
Once again, LV’s customer service shows through with direct communication from their CEO. Maybe there were hiccups with the site, but where else could you get that direct attention? Thanks, Rob. I was eventually able to check out.

Michael Bulatowicz
12-02-2019, 7:23 AM
Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reply and for checking in (and for the Cyber Monday sale!). I can’t imagine how you found my order: Bulatowicz is such a common name. :rolleyes:

I didn’t mean to imply that I had failed to get the items, though I can see how my post could be read that way especially in the larger context of the thread; I had checked out about 45 minutes or so before posting but continued browsing because my 4 month old was awake anyway. I was just trying to let people know that if they were patient and didn’t try to keep refreshing the page the orders might go through. Odd: the items were all showing “not available” as of midnight Central time but are showing as in stock now, six hours later. I wonder how many people (if any) missed out on something here or there that was temporarily showing as not available. Either way, I’m a happy (if tired) guy.

Big fan of the tools: many thanks to you and the excellent team at Lee Valley and Veritas.

Best regards,
Michael Bulatowicz

Frederick Skelly
12-02-2019, 8:04 AM
Once again, LV’s customer service shows through with direct communication from their CEO. Maybe there were hiccups with the site, but where else could you get that direct attention? Thanks, Rob.

+1. Well said Malcolm!

Jim Braun
12-02-2019, 8:10 AM
Once again, LV’s customer service shows through with direct communication from their CEO. Maybe there were hiccups with the site, but where else could you get that direct attention? Thanks, Rob. I was eventually able to check out.

I agree! Thanks again Rob.

Steven Mikes
12-02-2019, 2:35 PM
Agreed, thanks for the communication Rob. Was eventually able to get my order through just past 1:30am, lucky for me none of the items were out of stock yet.

Frank Pratt
12-02-2019, 3:32 PM
I got a $1000 gift card this morning with no snags. There were still several planes available, but I'm not in the market for a plane just now.

Aaron Rosenthal
12-02-2019, 9:25 PM
I agree, everyone. It's not just Rob being on line, and them busting their backsides for us, but every time I walk int the store, they greet me by name.

Will Blick
12-04-2019, 9:35 PM
Glad I read this thread, I was beating my brains out that night trying to figure out whats goin wrong... took me an hour to check out. Of course, I assumed the obvious, server crashed...
Anyway, regardless Kudos to Rob for his hands-on approach to running such a large business.