PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1955 DeWalt GWH Radial Arm Saw w/ table, blade, dust collection

William Chain
11-22-2019, 2:21 PM
For sale is a 1955 DeWalt GWH radial arm saw in southeastern PA. $500, firm, pickup only.

This is a classic radial arm, 1HP powerful motor (not the inflated ratings of Craftsman, B&D, and all the knockoffs), in tip top condition. This has been restored, and with respect to all the original bits and pieces, paint, etc. Condition is top shelf, it has a carefully leveled table on it, dialed in, with a fresh sacrificial surface, and a new dust collecting fence. It is set up so all you have to do is drop your 4 inch dust collection fitting / tubing / pipe right on, or remove the whole lot via the star knobs and fit another if you mess this up or want to do dadoes, etc. As set up, it sucks up 95% of the dust, it works great. It is set up such that you can turn to 45 degrees and it'll still work. I just haven't cut that kerf. The dust collection and the fence are independent, so you can remove either one individually. I have an extra solid fence with no dust collection with identical dimensions that can go with if you want it.
It'll come with a nearly brand new 10" 60T Freud SCMS blade with a -5 degree hook (LU91R010), and it has an Oshlun LG-R01 radial arm saw laser guide fitted as well. I have it set up for 220V at the moment, but you can simply flip the switch back for low voltage if you want and swap the plug back (I'll give you one if that's your plan).
It runs like top, all the guides are smooth, and it is complete with pawl. It is on casters for easy transport or movement around the shop. I can take any other pics you want, let me know.

420088420089420090 420091420092420093

William Chain
07-06-2020, 5:19 PM
I know this is old, but I still have this wonderful saw. Available. Another one to get posted soon.

Steve Ogletree
07-06-2020, 9:31 PM
You have 2 really nice saws, these old DeWalts will run just about forever when well taken care of, and both of yours obviously are. Whoever gets these will have some real workhorses.

William Chain
07-07-2020, 12:17 PM
These saws are wonderful. Problem is.... I have 7 really nice saws. I've been encouraged my management to thin the herd. I have many projects going, a new kid, and you know...gotta prioritize.

You have 2 really nice saws, these old DeWalts will run just about forever when well taken care of, and both of yours obviously are. Whoever gets these will have some real workhorses.

William Chain
07-16-2020, 2:23 PM
bumpity bump

William Chain
07-26-2020, 1:55 PM
bumpity bump

William Chain
08-07-2020, 12:29 PM
Price reduced to $400. Fully restored and ready to go into service for another lifetime.

Randall J Cox
08-08-2020, 4:10 PM
I live on the West coast and have a DeWalt 1400 radial arm saw, 1HP, that I totally rebuilt a couple of years ago. I run a 10" thin kerf Freud blade and just finished cutting a whole lot of 8/4 white oak 8-10" wide with no problems what so ever (I did go slow). I was amazed with "only" 1 HP. Of course new blade and not inflated HP figs like they do now. Anyway, the old DeWalts are great machines!! This one I have, even though probably 50 years old now, with my rebuild and paint, will run another 50 years for sure. That's a good deal for one already restored. Randy

george wilson
08-08-2020, 5:16 PM
I'd take it if I had room !!!! But,I'm such a tool pig I've filled up my 40 x 30 shop with a 16 x 22 side room.