PDA

View Full Version : Overhead guard - dust hood for Martin T17

Joe Calhoon
11-17-2019, 8:44 PM
I want to add a nice one to my saw. One option is to buy the Suva guard and have the mount custom fabricated. I noticed Felder has this one that seems good. Wondering is anyone that has one on a Felder could give some dimensions of the mounting system? And how they like the function of this guard? It is available in a couple sizes I believe.

Grizzly has one also and would like to hear from anyone with this.

John P Clark
11-17-2019, 9:50 PM
Joe - I have one on my k700s - will get you dimensions in the am - the two options are for the distance for the rip fence - 30” or 48” - it mounts along the back of the saw

it works nice and is a good option - swivels out of the way for blade changes,419805

Rod Sheridan
11-18-2019, 1:10 PM
I use the Felder guard at work, it works well, as John indicated it swivels away for blade changes................Rod.

Patrick Kane
11-18-2019, 2:24 PM
I have the non-swivel older version of the felder guard on my kf700. Adjusts vertically very nicely. The horizontal adjustment could be better. It has a simple bolt to screw in and out to allow the two tubes to slide in and out. Compared to the vertical adjustment, which is on a gas-assisted strut with machined ways, the horizontal feels like an after after-thought. However, the whole thing is incredibly robust--weighs a ton-- and the DC works really well.

Joe Calhoon
11-18-2019, 8:43 PM
Thanks for the info Rod and Patrick. John got me dimensions and pictures. It should work with some small modifications.