PDA

View Full Version : Computer issue with a digital photo card

Jim Hager
12-18-2005, 10:37 AM
Help if you can please. I plugged in my digital photo card into the slot on the front of my computer last night and it don't work anymore. The little light on the card reader flashes and then comes on steady like it always has but the window does not open as it always has that guides me through the uploading process.

I opened the photo wizard myself and the card cannot be located. I then put the card back into the camera and put the usb cable in to connect the two of them. The camera came on like normal but the wizard does not open and when done manually it does not find the camera.

My daughter used the scanner last weekend to scan in a bunch of pics to use in her wedding slide show and something must have been changed in the settings but for the life of me I don't know what or where. Her fiance is pretty good at computers and probably re-set something to make their process easier.

I may call him later on but I hate to make him feel bad if it is his fault. ;) I may just opt to yelling at him :D Makes for good FIL and SIL relationships.

Any of you guys got a clue for me????

Frank Chaffee
12-18-2005, 10:50 AM
Jim,
If you open "My Computer", you will see your drives listed.

Your card reader will most likely be drive E: You can open it there.

Someone else can better tell you how to set up for automatically starting the window you used to see when you inserted a card into the reader.

Frank