PDA

View Full Version : Artificial Intelligence AI

Edwin Santos
11-07-2019, 9:06 PM
Hi,
PBS Frontline released a two hour segment this week dealing with the subject of AI.

If you have any interest in the area of AI and/or futurism in general, you may find it worth watching. The segment deals with several sub-topics such as driverless vehicles, surveillance, privacy, job displacement, and other types of societal impact arising from AI and machine learning. It was eye opening for me.

There are a lot of passionate opinions on the subject, but even if you just look at the topic agnostically, it's incredibly fascinating, and undeniable that we're heading into a radically changing world.

If you watch it, I hope you find it interesting.

Edwin

Mark Hennebury
11-08-2019, 8:11 AM
Fascinating subject. i would be interested to see the show,
Thanks for posting the info,

Kev Williams
11-10-2019, 12:35 AM
While AI is fascinating, I think the human race's time would be better spent working on improving ACTUAL intelligence... maybe it would dawn on us that the artificial version is turning humans into cold, lazy, close-minded fools.

Just my http://www.engraver1.com/gifs/2cents.gif...

Mark Hennebury
11-10-2019, 10:35 AM
Like they say " you can't fix stupid"
People are getting dumber, take a look around, see whats popular on Youtube.
Look at the politicians, there is no hope!
It's time!

The planet needs to be managed as a single unit, to do that, we would have to put aside religion, bias, fear, lies, prejudice and greed, in short the stuff that makes us humans special. We would need a common vision, and humans being humans will never do that.

AI is our only hope, AI could manage the planet and keep it in balance. Keep the population under control and manage the resources based on knowledge, facts and science. We could survive as prisoners of our own stupidity. Forced to comply with the rule of a law made for the benefit and well-being of the planet.

Humans should not be in charge of the planet, they are too morally corrupt and far too stupid.

While AI is fascinating, I think the human race's time would be better spent working on improving ACTUAL intelligence... maybe it would dawn on us that the artificial version is turning humans into cold, lazy, close-minded fools.

Just my http://www.engraver1.com/gifs/2cents.gif...

Frederick Skelly
11-10-2019, 8:36 PM
Like they say " you can't fix stupid"
People are getting dumber, take a look around, see whats popular on Youtube.
Look at the politicians, there is no hope!
It's time!

The planet needs to be managed as a single unit, to do that, we would have to put aside religion, bias, fear, lies, prejudice and greed, in short the stuff that makes us humans special. We would need a common vision, and humans being humans will never do that.

AI is our only hope, AI could manage the planet and keep it in balance. Keep the population under control and manage the resources based on knowledge, facts and science. We could survive as prisoners of our own stupidity. Forced to comply with the rule of a law made for the benefit and well-being of the planet.

Humans should not be in charge of the planet, they are too morally corrupt and far too stupid.

Mark, you're sounding like a bad science fiction movie Sir! :) :) :)
Colossus: The Forbin Project or something.

Mark Hennebury
11-10-2019, 10:31 PM
Managing the planet is simple, like managing anything else, you do the math get the results work out a plan and follow it. The only way to screw it up is to add stupid in the mix. Get stupid under control and your back on track. Vlad the impaler did a good job, but since he's no longer available, i vote for AI.

Eight Main Causes of War

Economic Gain
Territorial Gain
Religion
Nationalism
Revenge
Civil War
Revolutionary War
Defensive War

This guy paid $9,000,000 for a license plate for one of his fleet of Rolls Royce's

Time for a change!

Kev Williams
11-11-2019, 1:14 AM
I'll see your $9,000,000 license plate and raise you $82,000,000 for a 3' tall stainless steel inflatable rabbit...
--bought at auction for $91 mil 'on behalf of a client' by our Treasury Secretary's father...

Bert Kemp
11-11-2019, 1:18 AM
no kidding

Bert Kemp
11-11-2019, 1:20 AM

yep ok yep is to short yep it is LOL