PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Old Newspaper Article

Jim Koepke
11-05-2019, 2:00 PM
Saw this today:

jtk

Bill Carey
11-05-2019, 2:23 PM
good thing he didn't get sentenced to life - he's at least 148 years old.

Doug Garson
11-05-2019, 2:36 PM
Sounds like he has grounds for a lawsuit for false arrest? :rolleyes:

Mel Fulks
11-05-2019, 2:49 PM
In an age obsessed with technology one would think new medical break-throughs would be thoroughly tested before
dismissing them. I would just remind you that attempts to turn lead into gold were always tested ...by Independant
Labs. That were always rewarded with a meat treat.

Jim Koepke
11-06-2019, 9:36 AM
In an age obsessed with technology one would think new medical break-throughs would be thoroughly tested before
dismissing them.

The medical system is set up where a 'medical break-through' must be proven before it is accepted. Some are accepted for one reason and then are prescribed for 'off list' remedies.

This is a costly procedure.

The only alternate is for many natural 'medicines.' One example is a plant called lovage (Levisticum officinale), it is used by many to counter indigestion. The plants are sold without a problem. If one were to package it and sell it as a cure for indigestion, there would likely be some problems.

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-725/lovage

Lovage is also used as a culinary herb. It tastes like celery on steroids.

My wife swears by it when she gets heart burn or indigestion. She doesn't like celery. She keeps a box of Junior Mints on hand to take with lovage to overcome the taste.

We grow it in our garden. It goes dormant in the winter so we dry it for cooking and to have some for 'medicinal' use.

When cooking some spicy foods a bit is added to keep me from getting indigestion.

jtk