PDA

View Full Version : Annoying: Toro original replacement parts not fitting

Brian Elfert
11-03-2019, 6:17 PM
I ordered some replacement metal/rubber bushings from Toro a few months back and finally got them installed today after hours of work. They look beautiful. A hex shaped metal part fits into the bushing. The original hex shaped metal part doesn't fit into the new bushings! The bushings are very unique so I believe they are the right item.

Here is the strange thing: One of the hex shaped parts cracked during removal so I ordered a replacement part from R&R Products. R&R makes or source replacement parts for many makes of commercial grounds equipment. The hex shaped part from R&R fits perfectly into the new bushings! (R&R didn't have the bushings.) I just ordered another hex shaped part from R&R.

Annoying to say the least as now I have to wait a week for a new part.

Edward Dyas
11-03-2019, 6:30 PM
My experience with Toro is the less Toro brand parts you can put on it the better. I bought a new Toro zero turn mower and it went back to the shop four times before it had eight hours on it.

Brian Elfert
11-03-2019, 7:46 PM
It would be pretty hard for me to keep using the mower without buying Toro parts. This is a commercial mower with about 4,000 hours on it. It still works good for the most part and a new one would cost almost $25,000. I've probably had to spend about $1,000 replacing worn out parts both from Toro and from other sources.

The mowing deck is designed to float on four casters. It has what are called caster forks that hold the casters. The rear forks are mounted in large rubber/metal bushings. The forks have to come out of the bushings to change the cutting height. I went to change the cutting height and found out the forks would not come out of the bushings. I had to beat them out which caused the bushings to come out with the forks still in them. I then had to cut the bushings off the forks and it turned out the bushings were rusted tight to the forks.

I ordered new bushings from Toro only to find out today the old forks don't fit. The part number matches so I don't know what Toro did.