PDA

View Full Version : Hammer K3 48 x48 Question

Izzy Charo
10-28-2019, 10:47 PM
Hello,
For those who have this saw, can you cross cut a full 48 inches with it? Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but when I set up the cross cut fence to the 90 degree stop, and place the plywood up against it, I lose about an inch or so of slider throw, and my 48 inch piece of plywood doesn't make it all the way through the blade....
Thanks,'
Izzy

Derek Cohen
10-29-2019, 1:50 AM
Izzy, it that with the blade in the fully up position? If so, what happens when you drop the blade to just clear the plywood?

Regards from Perth

Derek

Rod Sheridan
10-29-2019, 6:15 AM
Hi, is that with the crosscut fence on the front of the sliding table or on the rear of the outrigger?

Also, is your table travelling through the entire stroke?

Sometimes I have to gently run it against the stop a few times to allow it to have the full stroke.

Regards, Rod

Sebastien La Madeleine
10-29-2019, 8:19 AM
Quick detail, I only get full stroke when using a 12inch blade, with a 10inch blade you end up losing about 1.75 inch of capacity.

Steve Wurster
10-29-2019, 9:13 AM
Also, is your table travelling through the entire stroke?

Sometimes I have to gently run it against the stop a few times to allow it to have the full stroke.

Or maybe not so gently. On my 79" slider I had to run it back and forth quite a bit after I realized I wasn't getting the full stroke. And I was definitely putting some oomph behind those pushes. lol

Rod Sheridan
10-29-2019, 10:36 AM
Or maybe not so gently. On my 79" slider I had to run it back and forth quite a bit after I realized I wasn't getting the full stroke. And I was definitely putting some oomph behind those pushes. lol

OK, however I never tell anyone to go crazy on it:D

regards, Rod.

Tim Derr
10-29-2019, 11:16 AM
Hey Izzy,

You should be able to cut all the way through. Like Rod was asking - is this with the crosscut fence? Blade should also be the correct size. While the table is 48 inches, you should be looking at a 51" full slide.

Website link for details on table and slide cut length - https://www.felder-group.com/us-us/products/sliding-table-saws/table-saw-k3-winner-48x48.html

All the best

Izzy Charo
10-29-2019, 6:42 PM
Thanks for the replies... I have the 12 inch blade in; raised to about 1.5 inches. I have the cross cut fence at the front of the saw, up against the 90 degree stop. So, when I put the plywood up against the crosscut fence (which of course is not at the very end of the slider), I wasn't able to complete the 48 inch cut. I'll try some of the suggestions that Derek and Ron and others have made... good to know that it should be able to make the cut. If I'm doing something wrong here please advise..
Many Thanks,
Izzy

Steve Wurster
10-29-2019, 10:20 PM
This picture shows the max cutting lengths of each K3 slider based on sliding table length, saw blade diameter, and position of crosscut fence.

You said you're running a 12" blade, which is Option D in each scenario. Are you in that first scenario (max cut of 44.25"), or the second one (max cut of 50.25")? Note of course that the blades are raised to their maximum height in these scenarios.