PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy quality picture frame hardware?

Mason Schultz
10-27-2019, 10:46 PM
I've been looking around for some high quality frame turn buttons and sawtooth hangers for some pretty massive frames I'm making.

Most of the ones online are all "_____" plated and seem to be rather flimsy. Just wondering if anyone knows where to get some durable, long lasting ones. Thanks!

Brian Holcombe
10-28-2019, 12:43 AM
I use cleats on large frames, either I make my own or use load rates aluminum ones.

John Gornall
10-28-2019, 10:34 AM
How big, how heavy- put one on a scale. Over 50 pounds get serious and use a french cleat. Less than 50 go to a feame shop and get "Wall Buddies" - they work well, make it easy to level the frame, and it will stay level. As for turn buttons there's plenty of stronger options at the hardware store - mending plates or offset clips.

John Gornall
10-28-2019, 10:51 AM
Make the frame half an inch deeper than needed. Put the cleat, 1/2" plywood, inside the frame and flush - attach with pocket screws. Attach the other half of the cleat, also 1/2" plywood to the wall - should be able to hit studs. Frame will sit flat on wall. If frame is tall, narrow and you can only find one stud make the cleat tall and put a few screws vertically into the single stud.