PDA

View Full Version : Some pens from my shop (BEWARE OLD PEOPLE!)

Johnny Wooten
12-17-2005, 10:42 AM
These are just some pens i turned from my shop. I have been casting my own resins. We have lots of rattlesnakes around here in Texas. I post most of my pictures up on my website.http://www.thepenshop.net/uploads/DSC00931.jpg

Carole Valentine
12-17-2005, 10:58 AM
Damn Johnny! You warn us before you post something like that! Pens? I didn't see any pens...just a big ole Rattlesnake!:eek:

Andy Hoyt
12-17-2005, 11:02 AM
You are one sick dude. There's a lot of really really old people on this forum (such as John Hart and Chris Barton and Bob Noles). Gonna give them, and me, heart attacks man.

I'll reserve judgement on that really fine looking pen until you make that thing go away.

Keith Burns
12-17-2005, 12:01 PM
Saw a rattlesnake pen done by SMC member Joe Melton in Colorado Springs recently. They are marvelous in person. Said he got the blanks out west somewhere. Love 'em.

Jim Dunn
12-17-2005, 12:06 PM
You sceereeed me I anint looking no more.

My wife says there nice looking pens,( she ain't afraid of snakes).:)

Bob Noles
12-17-2005, 1:26 PM
YIKES.......

Wasn't sure what to expect when I opened your topic after the warning, but glad you gave a warning. I hate snakes! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Nice pens though, but could not look long at the detail :D :D :D

As to Andy..... I'm not the one who was grumbling about finishing "Birthday cake" a few days ago. :p :p :p

Jim Becker
12-17-2005, 2:47 PM
Now that's a very unique pen treatment!!

David Fried
12-17-2005, 3:23 PM
Nice pens!!!

I expect if we flip the snake over we would find a few pen shaped bald spots!

Dave Fried

Chris Barton
12-17-2005, 4:01 PM
Hey Johnny,

Great pens and what an excellent way to put a rattler to good use...

And Andy, some days I feel really old.

Andy Hoyt
12-17-2005, 4:08 PM
.... As to Andy..... I'm not the one who was grumbling about finishing "Birthday cake" a few days ago. :p :p :p

Bob - There is a huge difference between having the miseries and grumbling. The miseries typically occur just after the second serving has been committed to, while grumbling occurs just moments prior to a mad dash to the head. For the record I was barely into the miseries the other day. However, I'm bachelorizing it tonight and there's still plenty of cake left! Hmmmm:D

Dick Parr
12-17-2005, 5:36 PM
Didn't see any pens, so nothing to say.:eek: %(*&%&$)^_(_(&(^$*^%$#*(

John Hart
12-17-2005, 5:46 PM
Cool Picture!!! The pens ain't half bad neither!:rolleyes: Killed plenty of rattlers in my younger days....back when Andy was just an old guy. They sure are purty!

Ernie Nyvall
12-17-2005, 9:13 PM
Heck, I usually have a rattler bite me once a month whether he wants to or not. What a sensation.

Great looking pens Johnny.

Ernie

Richard Gillespie
12-17-2005, 10:16 PM
Okay, how did you freeze dry the pens?:p

Kirk (KC) Constable
12-18-2005, 8:02 AM
All sissy reaction aside, that's an excellent display pic.

KC

Bruce Smith
12-18-2005, 8:34 AM
I can't seem to get any pictures on the initial posting, rattle snakes or pens. HELP!!!! What am I doing wrong?