PDA

View Full Version : More Creekers in FWW.....

Todd Davidson
12-17-2005, 9:37 AM
Congratulations to Jason Tuinstra and Steve Wargo for their stunning pieces displayed in this month's FWW's Readers Gallery. Way to go!

John Bailey
12-17-2005, 9:44 AM
Todd,

Which issue is that, I seemed to have missed it?

John

Ken Fitzgerald
12-17-2005, 9:47 AM
Congrats to Jason and Steve! Great work guys! Great recognition!

Todd Davidson
12-17-2005, 9:49 AM
John~ Feb 2006 #182

Russ Massery
12-17-2005, 9:59 AM
Jason, just curious how long ago did you submit your photos. I remember you building that back when you lived here in Indiana. Bet you miss the cold weather it's 9 Degrees this morning.;)

John Bailey
Todd,

Thanks, I haven't gotten it yet.

John

Corvin Alstot
Jason and Steve/
Great job.
Please post a picture of your work for us Texans, I seem to get my FWW about two weeks later than everyone else.
I suspect either the postman is a woodworker or they deliver the magazine in reverse alphabetical order.

Bob Winkler
12-17-2005, 10:09 AM
Both pieces are wonderful and both of you should be very proud. Great job.

Jason Tuinstra
12-17-2005, 1:59 PM
Hey, thanks everyone. Quite an honor. I haven't seen the issue yet, mails kind of slow here I guess. Maybe today! I found out from Steve - thanks Steve and congrats to you!

Jason, just curious how long ago did you submit your photos. I remember you building that back when you lived here in Indiana. Bet you miss the cold weather it's 9 Degrees this morning.;)

Russ, they lost my information after I sent it to them many, many moons ago - it's been over a year. A few months ago the editor had me email him the pics and sign a release form. About those cold mornings, I don't know. My woodshop is in the garage right now and it's a lot colder out there than it ever was in my basement. But I'll take mid-50's any day :p

Jason Tuinstra
12-17-2005, 2:01 PM
Jason and Steve/
Great job.
Please post a picture of your work for us Texans, I seem to get my FWW about two weeks later than everyone else.
I suspect either the postman is a woodworker or they deliver the magazine in reverse alphabetical order.

Corvin, I feel your pain. I posted my piece some time ago here at SMC. Here's the link: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=9822

Jim Becker
12-17-2005, 2:02 PM
The "postperson" just dropped off my copy and sure 'nuf....some familiar names!! Great job, fellows!!!!

Roger Myers
12-17-2005, 3:13 PM
Just pulled my copy from the mailbox, and the readers gallery is always my first stop. It's always a thrill when I recognize the work without having to look at the craftsmens name!! Great work Jason & Steve...well deserved recognition.
I think we are going to have to have a creekers Hall of Fame pretty soon! :)

Corvin Alstot
12-17-2005, 4:32 PM
Corvin, I feel your pain. I posted my piece some time ago here at SMC. Here's the link: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=9822
I remember that piece - very nice!
Great photography too. What kind of equipment do you use for those beautiful pictures, I might have to copy you?

Corey Hallagan
12-17-2005, 5:38 PM
Congrats to both of you!

Corey

Alan Turner
12-17-2005, 6:14 PM
A double Creeker issue. I have seen Steve's piece as he was delivering it when he stipped by this Summer. Now I guess I'll need to get out to CAlifornia.

A huge contrats to two fine creekers: Jason and Steve.

Jason Tuinstra
12-17-2005, 6:22 PM
I remember that piece - very nice!
Great photography too. What kind of equipment do you use for those beautiful pictures, I might have to copy you?

Corvin, I use a Canon 300d aka digital rebel. Having some good software to go with it helps as well. In my case I use Photoshop Elements. Have fun!

Edit: Corvin, I just got my copy of FWW and you'll want to ask Steve how he did his photography! His picture looks fantastic, not to mention his furniture.

Jason Tuinstra
12-17-2005, 6:24 PM
A double Creeker issue. I have seen Steve's piece as he was delivering it when he stipped by this Summer. Now I guess I'll need to get out to CAlifornia.

A huge contrats to two fine creekers: Jason and Steve.

Alan, good news! You only have to go to Indiana! I gave it to a friend before I left. Bad news: it's pretty cold in Indiana right now and it's not anywhere close to wine country! :p

Howie French
12-18-2005, 12:13 PM
Jason and Steve

both wonderful peices !

Congrats !

Howie

Mark Singer
12-18-2005, 1:02 PM
Jason and Steve a big Congradulations! I haven't got my issue yet...I am looking forward to it...We got some talented Creekers here!

Steve Wargo
12-18-2005, 1:17 PM
Thanks for all the kind words guys. The kudos mean a lot coming from this great bunch of woodworkers. This is the finest forum on the web and the most combined knowledge base I've seen. Great to be a part of it. Jason, again your piece was great and congrats.

Martin Shupe
12-18-2005, 5:50 PM
Congrats to both Jason and Steve. Your work is certainly worthy of the honor.

John Renzetti
12-18-2005, 6:40 PM
Jason and Steve, Congratulations on having your work featured in Fine Woodworking. The pieces shown are absolutely stunning and an inspiration. When I saw the names associated with the pieces, I thought, I know I've seen these guy's names somewhere before. :)
take care,
John

Hank Knight
12-19-2005, 10:40 AM
Congratulatins Jason and Steve. My FWW came Saturday and it was nice to see some familiar names in print. Nice work guys!

Byron Trantham
12-19-2005, 11:25 AM
Jason and Steve, you two are examples of why the rest of us hang around the Creek! Experience, lots of experience. Nice work guys and congratulations!:D

Dennis Peacock
12-19-2005, 12:50 PM
Most excellent and CONGRATS to you BOTH!!!!!!:D

Roy Wall
12-20-2005, 12:08 PM
Got my FWW in the mail today!!!! Great job guys............!!!!

I Look at it this way --- all of us here at SMC get to see the first pics anyway, long before FWW gets a hold of it!:cool:

Great talent Jason and Steve!

Mark Singer
12-22-2005, 9:15 AM
I just got the FWW and both pieces are exquisite! Really excellent work...Steve that is a wonderful piece...great proportions. Jason ...I remeber yours and loved it then... Congradulations to both of you! This is quite the Forum for quality woodworkers! I guess you knew that:confused:

Jerry Olexa
12-22-2005, 9:42 PM
Great job and Congrats, guys!! Well Done..