PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday John Bailey

John Hart
12-17-2005, 8:19 AM
Just wanted to say Happy Birthday and Thank you for all the work you've done to keep this community alive! Hope your day is great!!

Ken Fitzgerald
12-17-2005, 9:30 AM
Happy Birthday John!

John Bailey
12-17-2005, 9:53 AM
As my old music professor, Dr. Stephen Hobson, used to say, "Life starts at 53." He said that until the following year when ,magically, life started at 54. Well folks, I'm here to tell ya' that life starts at 56. :D

John

Ken Fitzgerald
12-17-2005, 9:59 AM
'49 was a good year John! :D

John Miliunas
12-17-2005, 11:01 AM
Hey, a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you, John and, may you have many, many more!!! :) :cool:

Karl Laustrup
12-17-2005, 12:33 PM
As my old music professor, Dr. Stephen Hobson, used to say, "Life starts at 53." He said that until the following year when ,magically, life started at 54. Well folks, I'm here to tell ya' that life starts at 56. :D

John

Trust me John, life doesn't start until 59. Happy Birthday just the same and thanks for what you've done to keep SMC up and running.

Karl

Andy Hoyt
12-17-2005, 1:22 PM
Been trying to thing of some smart remark to throw at you, John; but keep coming up empty. Must be 'cause you're such a great guy. Oh there's the smart aleck remark. Phew, I feel better already.

Happy Birthday!

Vaughn McMillan
12-17-2005, 7:08 PM
Happy birthday John. You don't look a day over 55. (OK, well maybe one day, but no more than that.) As John Hart mentioned, thanks for being the Jerry Lewis of SMC Telethon fame, and for all your other contributions here.

- Vaughn

John Bailey
12-17-2005, 9:14 PM
Thanks guys,

I do have to make a correction, my wife says I was wrong on the age life starts. I'm not going to tell you how old she is, but, I have been corrected, and life now starts at 57.

Ken,

Yes, '49 was a good year, but '48(in Greece anyway) was a banner year!

John

Frank Chaffee
12-17-2005, 11:26 PM
John,
Happy Birthday!

All I can offer you right now is thanks for your work towards making Sawmill Creek the great forum that it is. This place has become a home of mine.

I have been dreaming for sometime of the possibility of LOML and me joining you on a kayaking adventure in the Mediterranean. I have traveled some of the world, never as a tourist, and I’ve had the feeling that you and I could tip a few glasses of carrot juice (before I hit the locally stomped grape juice).

Once upon a time,
In a mind too far from today’s,
I read a bunch about that part of the world…
And I want to go back.

Happy Birthday John

Frank (another 49'er)

John Bailey
12-18-2005, 4:20 AM
Frank,

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Greece is an amazing place. The culture, the weather, the geography, the water, and the people all add up to a magnificient area of the world and a magnificient experience. It's not yet completely spoiled by the modern world. You should visit it sometime, even if you don't kayak. Of course, I love the adventure of propeling oneself around the islands, so, for me, that is a great way to go.

John

Keith Outten
12-18-2005, 7:26 AM
Happy Birthday John

Dennis Peacock
12-18-2005, 12:28 PM
John Bailey has a BIRTHDAY???????:confused:

Hey John, How old are ya now? 23? 24? Shoot, I give up. You look so young.:p :D

John Bailey
12-19-2005, 5:11 AM
Dennis,

This was my 18th birthday!!;)