PDA

View Full Version : Woodworking Show

Richard Wolf
12-16-2005, 8:45 PM
This weekend is the Woodworking show in Edison NJ. I plan on attending tomorrow, Sat. I know my friend, Paul Cresti will be working one of the booths, I hope I can remember which one!:D:D

Richard

Chris Barton
12-16-2005, 9:46 PM
Wish I could be there! Have fun Rich and Paul!

Jim Becker
12-16-2005, 9:58 PM
I would normally go...but I went to the Ft Washington show last weekend. Should'a waited. Sheesh!

Jack Hogoboom
12-17-2005, 7:56 PM
I wanted to go. Even had squirrled away a nice little slush fund. Ended up having to work.:mad: Good news is that there's another one in Edison Jan 6 - Jan 8. The way I look at it, there'll be less guilt after Xmas and no chance of buying something that someone is giving as a gift.

I hope everyone who went had fun.

Jack

Jim Becker
12-17-2005, 9:08 PM
Jack, the Woodworks show 6-8 January is in Somerset at the Garden State Exhibit Center, not Edison.

Richard Wolf
12-17-2005, 9:51 PM
I went to the show today. Got to spend some time with Paul Cresti and Sam Blasco in the MiniMax area. I had to froce myself away before I spent some big money.
I did purchase a Grax pin nailer that I really needed. It's a Christmas present from my wife, so no pictures until after I reopen it.

Richard

Jim Becker
12-18-2005, 11:12 AM
Richard, let me know how you like the Grex pinner...it's on my potential "upgrade" list. (As well as the pneumatic angle sander)

I'm really sorry I couldn't drive over to the show...I really wanted to spend some time with Sam, et al, but it just isn't in the cards for this weekend.

Richard Wolf
12-18-2005, 11:28 AM
Will do Jim, I don't know if you know, they came out with a new model that now shoots 1 3/8" pins that works really well on crown moldings. The new one was about $200, but they had the older model on sale for about $130. (Shoots up to 1 3/16"). I went for the new one.

Richard

Fred Voorhees
12-18-2005, 4:34 PM
Went Friday after work. A little dissapointed in the size of the show. Much smaller than I had anticipated. Wanted to pick up a gallon of slow set glue and all that could be found was some of that new stuff that I haven't read much good about. I purchased it anyhow since I need it and will give it my own try and make up my mind about it. On the good side, I did pick up an eight foot length of Mite-T-Track for a future workbench upgrade project and some other things that were on the "wanted" list. I had to practice a little restraint on buying some stuff as I gave my wife a Christmas wish list of some things and she has purchased some of the things on there and I don't know what she got and what she didn't. In fact, she is downstairs wrapping up the stuff as I type.

I did get to meet David Marks while at the show. We chatted for a few minutes. I kept it shorter than I would have liked, since he was a bit hoarse from a cold or something like that. It was worth the trip though just to meet him and chat for the little bit.

Kenny King
12-19-2005, 5:26 PM
Jim

I picked up a the grax pinner at the Ft Washington show. Looks like it'll be a great tool to hold my cabinets together after clamping, so I can use the clamps on the next case carcase. The holes are tiny. What really sold me was how easy it is to unjam which looks like a problem with nails this size.

- Ken