PDA

View Full Version : Extras in Photograv

Pete Simmons
12-16-2005, 3:51 PM
Any ideas where the tilted shadow is coming from? The photoshop version looks fine.

Deleted photo from my webserver.

Laura Zaruba
12-16-2005, 4:21 PM
Hi Pete.

I've had that happen too. I think if you adjust the light/dark (not exactly sure which tab as I don't have PG on this particular computer) just a notch or two the shadow will disappear.

Good luck!

Pete Simmons
12-16-2005, 6:49 PM
Got a very nice and quick reply from Bryce at PhotoGrav.

Lower the threshold value a little and it clears it up.

Here is part of his reply

"Hello Pete,

The effect you are seeing seems to be a peculiarity of the error diffusion process when there is a lot of white or black background in the input image and the "Threshold" value is set too high. We will be investigating the problem further and will certainly correct the error in the next version of PhotoGraV, if not before.

In the meantime, you can remove the effect by going into "Interactive Process" and left clicking the "Threshold" function (the 4th green box from the left). If you adjust the "Threshold" level to around 126 or less, the effect goes away and the remainder of the image is not affected in a substantial way. It is easier to see how the threshold should be adjusted if you turn off , at least temporarily, the "Simulation" function while in "Interactive Process". You do this by right clicking the "Simulation" green box. Right clicking again turns it back on. Actually, our standard black marble and black granite parameter sets have the "Threshold" value set to 120 but, if you set it to 120, you might have to adjust the gray shades somewhat in the "Adjust Gray" function."