PDA

View Full Version : Dust Collection on Wall?

Joseph Skoler
10-10-2019, 5:39 AM
I purchased a Grizzly G1030Z2P 2 stage dual canister dust collector and it works great.

But, it takes up scarce floor space.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to mount it high up on a wall (above machine height) or on a ceiling while still being able to empty the bags?

Thanks very much,

Joseph

Steve Eure
10-10-2019, 7:06 AM
I mounted a 2 hp motor on a platform that is attached to across the corner of my shop. The problem I encountered is the vibration is now substantially louder than before. It vibrates the metal siding on my shop so much more that I have to wear ear protection all the time while it runs. Didn't have to before while it was on it's own platform.

Jim Becker
10-10-2019, 10:53 AM
You can mount it anywhere you can lift it and provide adequate physically support for the weight. Obviously, considerations also apply to duct/hose implementation. Don't forget, however, that you have to be able empty it and Steve is correct that location can change the sound characteristics, too.

andy bessette
10-10-2019, 1:03 PM
The minimum footprint of a cyclone dust collector will always be the dust barrel which needs ready access.

Tim M Tuttle
10-10-2019, 2:53 PM
I have a Mini Gorilla and it annoyed the hell out of me being mobile. It was always in the way so last summer I decided to mount it on the wall. I eventually want to make some type of lift for the dust bin so it's easier to empty.

Joseph Skoler
10-10-2019, 5:07 PM
Thanks everyone for the comments and suggestions.

Great job wall mounting Tim.

Sounds like this is not a quick or easy job, and there are so many items on the to do list I might have to live with it on it's large mobile base for a while.