PDA

View Full Version : SP 400 giving me anger issues!

Scott Boatner
10-01-2019, 12:41 PM
My Trotec SP400/80 must be turning into a teenager! Recently, engraving is great but I am unable to cut through any material past about 10 inches from the left side, cutting good before that. I am not getting full cuts through solid wood or plywood (I’m aware of plywood pitfalls) even 1/8 inch Baltic birch, and in the past I was able to cut through 3/8 inch with multiple passes. I have aligned my beam and leveled my table with no luck. For settings on the 1/8, I’ve tried multiple passes at 100 power, .10 speed, to no avail. Any ideas?

Gary Hair
10-01-2019, 5:19 PM
Optics, alignment, or tube is all it really could be. Check all the mirrors and lens for debris, check your alignment again, and ensure your bed is coplanar with the X axis (not necessarily level). If that doesn't work then I'd be on the phone with tech support to see what they think.

Nick Cicala
10-02-2019, 10:59 AM
My Trotec SP400/80 must be turning into a teenager! Recently, engraving is great but I am unable to cut through any material past about 10 inches from the left side, cutting good before that. I am not getting full cuts through solid wood or plywood (I’m aware of plywood pitfalls) even 1/8 inch Baltic birch, and in the past I was able to cut through 3/8 inch with multiple passes. I have aligned my beam and leveled my table with no luck. For settings on the 1/8, I’ve tried multiple passes at 100 power, .10 speed, to no avail. Any ideas?

Hey Scott,

That sounds like your tube is going if you've already realigned your beam and did the standard check list. If you need to do multiple passes for 80w at .1 speed there's definitely something askew. Have you called Trotec Support yet?

Neville Stewart
10-03-2019, 11:14 PM
I’d put money on your laser being misaligned. Bring the head to X39 YO, make sure red dot is in the center of opening. Recheck at X0 Y0, then the other corners. If it’s not centered, adjust at the primary mirror. It’s not likely your table went out unless you had a head strike.