PDA

View Full Version : Are calls from Microsoft scams?

lowell holmes
09-28-2019, 12:08 PM
I have Microsoft Edge, but seldom need to use it.

Lisa Starr
09-28-2019, 1:33 PM
Most likely, yes. I've worked in Computer Systems since 1979 and Microsoft has never called. You'll be lucky to be able to call them and get a call back, if needed. I'd consider any call "highly suspicious".

bill godber
09-28-2019, 1:53 PM
Let me guess,the caller tells you that microsoft has noticed a problem with your computer and if you'll let us have access for a few moments we'll "fix"it for you. while they are in there they will add a virus and then explain to you that the problem is more serious than they thought but they have just the fix for a price.
Microsoft does not monitor computers connected to the internet looking for problems.Hang up, it's a scam.

Jim Koepke
09-28-2019, 2:25 PM
Sometimes it is fun to mess with them. "What? You have been spying on my computer?" Then they are asked if they are working for a foreign government or agency.

Yes, it is a scam. They have called me and my computer has zero Microsoft product installed. It is a Macintosh.

jtk

Scott Donley
09-28-2019, 2:34 PM
Lowell, you might want to review this thread :) https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?276780-I-keep-getting-phone-calls-from-a-female-voice-from-Microsoft

Matt Day
09-28-2019, 2:47 PM
I guess I’m not the only one with deja vu. Lol

Myk Rian
09-28-2019, 7:02 PM

I think this is the 3rd time you've asked this. The answer is the same.
Microsoft can't call you, because you never gave them your number.

Jim Becker
09-28-2019, 8:37 PM
Microsoft. Does. Not. Call. Consumers. Ever.

Derek Meyer
09-30-2019, 6:03 PM
Microsoft. Does. Not. Call. Consumers. Ever.

Quoted for truth.

Tom Stenzel
10-01-2019, 11:01 AM
I think this is the 3rd time you've asked this. The answer is the same.
Microsoft can't call you, because you never gave them your number.

At least the ANSWER doesn't change. Completely unlike the sharpening threads in the Neanderthal section...
:D

My favorite calls are from the IRS that were going to SEND THE POLICE TO MY HOUSE! I told them to bring it on!

-Tom

Doug Garson
10-02-2019, 12:12 PM
I like the ones from banks I don't have accounts with telling me my account is on hold. My favorite, and they have called about a dozen times, is the calls in Chinese, not sure what the scam is.

Chuck Wintle
10-04-2019, 7:54 AM
Lowell,
What if you play along with the scammer to waste their time and maybe they will not call you again? :D