PDA

View Full Version : Oneida V-3000 - If you have one, help

David Justice
09-21-2019, 12:14 AM
I purchased this DC and put it together today. Does anyone know how and where the power switch is supposed to be mounted? Absolutely nothing about it in the manual or assembly instructions and I don't see any way it can be mounted.

Thanks

Larry Frank
09-21-2019, 7:06 AM
It depends on how you mounted it. I have an Oneida and mounted the power switch to a small piece of plywood and then to the stand. It does not make much difference where you mount it if you are using the remote control.

Paul F Franklin
09-21-2019, 8:42 AM
Mounting location is up to you. I have mine in the inside of the closet where the collector lives, since I only use the remote for on/off. If you plan to use the manual switches then it needs to be accessible. To mount it, remove the body of the switch enclosure (power off!) from its base, and there are two holes you can use to mount the base to a surface, and then reattach the body of the switch.

Dick Mahany
09-22-2019, 8:59 AM
I mounted my power switch as shown below and placed the remote module up at the motor. The mounting position is not critical, rather what ever works best for your particular installation.

James Cheever
09-22-2019, 10:15 AM
I mounted mine to a board along with the vacuum gauge and then attached it to an adjacent wall.

Thomas Crawford
09-23-2019, 9:38 PM
Mine is up at about 48" above the floor, screwed the back into a stud. I would not want it inside a closet, if something happens and the remote stops working I'd want access to the stop button.

Ben Rivel
09-26-2019, 9:35 PM
Mounted mine on the wall next to the stand.

Also, hopefully you didnt buy the filter efficiency gauge or the dust level bin sensor. Check out my threads here on how to build your own for a fraction of the costs: LINK (https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?242096-Building-Your-Own-And-Improving-Upon-The-Oneida-Dust-Sentry-Bin-Level-Sensor) and LINK (https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?242098-Building-Your-Own-Oneida-Realtime-Filter-Efficiency-Gauge)

Prashun Patel
09-26-2019, 10:36 PM
I mounted mine right on the horizontal brace of the stand.

Bill Lyman
09-27-2019, 7:43 AM
Here is a photo of where mine is located.