PDA

View Full Version : The Joy of Woodworking

Rob Luter
09-16-2019, 11:43 AM
Make sure you have a First Aid kit

Bruce Volden
09-16-2019, 12:07 PM
True dat!!!
I have lotsa WWing tools and the only thing that has ever reached out for blood has been my Japanese pull saws!!!
Did I mention TWICE? I'm a slow learner.

Bruce

Jim Koepke
09-16-2019, 12:51 PM
Make sure you have a First Aid kit

Usually someone that bad with tools doesn't finish a project, blood stains or not.

jtk

lowell holmes
09-16-2019, 1:51 PM
I hate it when I hit my thumb with a hammer. I don't do much, maybe once a year.

Kev Williams
09-16-2019, 2:08 PM
MANY years ago I was working for a trailer place, was routing off the extra front wall aluminum while kneeling on the roof, ended up at the doctors office after the first 4' section wrapped around the bit and tried to saw my wrist off. When I got there a guy from the other end of the shop was there, and I winced...

'How did you manage that?' I asked

'move hand, nailgun, move hand, nailgun, move hand, nailgun, nailgun... '

The double-ended 16 penny nail was still in his hand... ouch!

Jim Koepke
09-16-2019, 2:59 PM
I hate it when I hit my thumb with a hammer. I don't do much, maybe once a year.

Any 'dumb' move is a rude awakening. A few days ago mine was with a pipe clamp. After gluing up a lamination the moveable end was a bit tight. Trying to free it up, it gave way all of a sudden and the back of my hand hit the other end. It hurt the hand as much as it hurt my pride.

jtk

michael langman
09-17-2019, 10:09 AM
I don't know why I think my hand is as good as a mallet or hammer.
Replacing a round sheet metal cover over the impeller housing on my homemade grass catcher one of the bolt holes was hung up and would not go on.
Well I'll just give it a good wack with the palm of my hand.
Driving sharp edges of weld and sheet metal into the palm of my hand was not in the equation. Augh.
Deburring .Duh

John K Jordan
09-17-2019, 10:26 AM

About 60 years ago my mother told me how to keep from hitting my fingers when hammering a nail: "Hold the hammer with two hands." :)

'move hand, nailgun, move hand, nailgun, move hand, nailgun, nailgun... '

Wow, excellent description!

'Bout 30 years ago I was holding a piece of wood in my left hand and drilling a short 1/8" hole. The bit grabbed and quickly drilled a deeper hole than I intended. That was the only time I've ever drilled a hole into my finger.

JKJ