PDA

View Full Version : Delta TP400LS

Jim Fancher
12-15-2005, 2:15 PM
I getting a used Delta TP400LS this weekend. I checked Lowes' site for replacement knives, but didn't find any. It uses the 22-562 set, I believe.

Does anyone know of any good sources? I'm not in a major hurry for them because the current knives have one new edge left.

Steven Kamp
12-15-2005, 2:55 PM
I am guessing you are getting this from the guy on Craig's list? If so, doh!! I responded to him a few minutes ago and then seached here and saw your post. Looks like you beat me to it. Good find. Sorry I can't help you with the replacement knives. Enjoy the new toy.

Steve

Jim Fancher
12-15-2005, 3:26 PM
Nope, not Craigslist. This guy is local to me.

Got a link to the Craiglist planer?

Jim Fancher
12-15-2005, 3:42 PM
I just found it on Craigslist. Yep, that's the one. Sorry about that. :)

Are you in the Houston area too?

Steven Kamp
12-15-2005, 4:10 PM
Yea, it had to be the same one as you said one side of the blade was new. I am in the NW side of town. I live in Fairfield off of HWY 290.

Steve

Jim Fancher
12-15-2005, 4:15 PM
I'm right down the road from you in Copperfield, just off 290 and 6. It looks like there are a few of us on here from this side of town.

Steven Kamp
12-15-2005, 4:19 PM
That is good to know when I need to borrow a planer. :D I am just starting out in woodworking and plan on starting my first real project. I am going to make the easel from New Yankee Workshop for my 15 month old daughter. The only other thing I have made before is a full size 10 person poker table but that was pretty easy and only needed to use a router and circle jig.

Steve

Mickey Elam
12-15-2005, 6:50 PM
I saw the one in Craig's List this morning too and would have been trying for it if I didn't already have a DeWalt DW735 on order. By the way, I'm in Cypress, just about mid-distance between you two, but probably closer to Steven. I can almost see the Cypress-Rose Hill Wal-Mart from my house.

NOW I know where to call for help!!!!

Mickey

Steven Kamp
12-15-2005, 7:41 PM
It is good to know there are a few people up in this side of town. If you need any help please let me know. I have quite a few tools including a DeWalt DW744 portable table saw, DeWalt DW718 sliding miter saw, DeWalt biscuit joiner, DeWalt 3 base router set, router circle guides, tru grip pro straight edges and a bunch of other stuff. If you need to use something let me know.

Steve

Jim Fancher
12-15-2005, 7:52 PM
Do your circle cutting jigs go up to around 55" in diameter? I was thinking of converting my PC edge guide to a circle cutting jig.

I'll have to sit down and inventory my garage. I think I've forgotten some of my tools. :) I've been doing some home improvement stuff around the house and haven't had a chance to do any fine woodworking. That'll change in '06.

Steven Kamp
12-15-2005, 8:48 PM
The circle jig I have is the Jasper 300J and it only goes up to 52 3/4" in diameter. It works very well and has 1/16" increments by using a combination of 1/4", 3/8" or 1/2" bits. I also have a Lewin and it is not as nice.

http://estore.websitepros.com/993129/Detail.bok?no=3

Steve

Jim Becker
12-15-2005, 8:55 PM
Welcome to the Creek, Steve! And do get together with your local woodworking community. You may want to put your town/state in your user profile so others can recognise that you are local to them...just click on "User CP" at the top of the forum.

Steven Kamp
12-15-2005, 9:22 PM
Welcome to the Creek, Steve! And do get together with your local woodworking community. You may want to put your town/state in your user profile so others can recognise that you are local to them...just click on "User CP" at the top of the forum.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I look forward to learning a lot from the experts! I went ahead and added my town to my profile.

Steve

Steven Kamp
12-16-2005, 8:31 AM
I saw the one in Craig's List this morning too and would have been trying for it if I didn't already have a DeWalt DW735 on order. By the way, I'm in Cypress, just about mid-distance between you two, but probably closer to Steven. I can almost see the Cypress-Rose Hill Wal-Mart from my house.

NOW I know where to call for help!!!!

Mickey

Mikey,
Did you get the refurb DW735 or new? I was looking at the refurb one. For $350.00 it is a great deal.

Steve