PDA

View Full Version : Wader's Weekend Accomplishments....

Dennis Peacock
07-07-2003, 1:20 PM
Well.....a LONG weekend has come and gone. So what took place with you over the holiday weekend?

I spent lots of time in the yard cutting grass, cooking out, visiting with friends, family and just basically being host to a few out of state visitors. No real shop time...but maybe one of these days I will.

Best of weeks.....

Ed Falis
07-07-2003, 1:33 PM
Got the Foley-Belsaw planer restored to the point of being ready to put the sheet metal back on.

Put some mahogony edging on shelf stock so my son can cut them and install them in the pantry this week.

Had a good sized 4th party on Saturday, featuring 8 hour smoked ribs with three different preps on them.

Sweated when I wasn't in the basement ;-)

- Ed

Von Bickley
07-07-2003, 1:49 PM
Didn't get any shop time in. On Friday, we had wife's family over for Bar-B-Q. On Saturday, I helped 5 other guys stand up all the walls and top plate for a "Habitat House" that we started last Saturday. If all goes well next Saturday, we should be able to dry it in. Once we get it in the dry, I'm responsible for doing the electrical work. Getting tired just thinking about it.

Noah Alkinburgh
07-07-2003, 4:58 PM
unless you count hanging a cabinet on a wall using a french cleat...

I did however get the lower portion of the retaining wall done for my patio...that was hot work. but it is looking nice.

Also had some goood steak from the grill on Saturday and wathched the fireworks.

Noah

Jim Young
07-07-2003, 9:07 PM
No woodworking. Went to a family reunion. Now I'm sure I was adopted.

Jim Becker
07-07-2003, 9:59 PM
Well...the answer to my "weekend" is best viewed on the <a href="http://sawsndust.com/p_kit-demo.htm" target="_new">special "demolition and carpentry page"</a> I have up for my kitchen renovation. LOML and I filled that 8-yard dumpster on Saturday with a lot of "ex-kitchen"!

Bob Lasley
07-07-2003, 10:54 PM
Wasn't bad but could have been better. Worked in garden and clearing vines off fence Friday morning. Discovered poison ivy vines hiding under the honeysuckle vines. Uh-oh! :eek: Son, daughter-in-law and grandkids came over Friday afternoon for vittles.

Woke up Saturday morning with, you guessed it, poison ivy on my right arm. :( Got started on my mobile bench. Finished bench carcase on Sunday and got the casters and two layers of top on.

Have a great week all,
Bob