PDA

View Full Version : New Holiday Bulbs

Ron Ainge
12-15-2005, 11:43 AM
I don't beleive I fell into that holiday thing. I love this season and it will always be Christmas for me. Here is the last set of Christmas bulbs I have done and I think that I only have two more to do for this season. They ase all about 8 inches long and 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 inches in diameter. The two with the holes in them have small snow men hanging in them. Your comments are welcome and helpfull to me.

Bernie Weishapl
12-15-2005, 12:24 PM
Ron those are awesome. I love the ones with the snowmen in them. I hope I am good enough to make some for the grandkids by next Christmas.

Mark Cothren
12-15-2005, 12:31 PM
Hey Ron,

Those are great! Very nice work!

Thanks for the pictures!

Ron Ainge
12-15-2005, 12:33 PM
Bernie

those are the bulbs for the second year of making bulbs. I still have some from the first year but I don't show them to anyone. My wife even said that the ones this year has crisper cut and better finish on them. I hope next years will be an improvement over the ones I am making for this year. I do get plenty of practice since I make one for each person in the family (19) plus several for my wife. I also have about 20 out on consignment this year. Someone has told me that practice makes perfect, but I don't think that I am at that stage as of yet.

Keith Burns
12-15-2005, 12:40 PM
Ron they are all great. Proportion, woods, turning and finish are all great.:) :)

Dick Parr
12-15-2005, 1:02 PM
Ron they all look great. Love them,

Rich Stewart
12-15-2005, 1:26 PM
Those are GREAT Ron. I really like them. Nineteen!!! It would take me the better part of a day to make ONE. Lemesee. With the time I am able to spend in my shop, it would take me 76 weeks to make nineteen.:D My friend wants me to make him a paper towel holder. That ornament holder looks like what he described. Great job.

John Hart
12-15-2005, 2:04 PM
Wow Ron...Beautiful. I recognize one from an earlier post. You do nice work. What's the purple one?

Andy Hoyt
12-15-2005, 2:09 PM
Rich - He called 'em bulbs. So to me that just means that you can plant 'em in the spring and they'll turn into these puppies just in time for the holidays:D

Ron - Wicked good! Espcially like the brown finial -something I always seem to struggle with.

Ron Ainge
12-15-2005, 2:56 PM
thanks everyone for the positive comments I appreciate them.

Rich, when I started making the bulbs it would take me about a day to finish one of them myself and as I have made a couple of hundered by now I can do one in about an hour. It does take time and practice.

John, the purple one is maple that was dyed with an anolyne dye. the black finials on some of them are alos dyed.

Andy, if you bury these bulbs and they grow puppies I hope that no one plants them on my property. I have one little dog and that is about all I can take care of at this time.

John Hart
12-15-2005, 2:59 PM
Christmas Puppies!

Ron Ainge
12-15-2005, 3:12 PM
Maybe Andy meant that they would turn into ornaments and I read it wrong. another senior momenttttttttttttttttt.

John Hart
12-15-2005, 3:17 PM
I have always wondered what the fruit of an ornamental shrub looked like. Do they grow with the little Santa's in them?

Bill Stevener
12-15-2005, 3:50 PM
Ron, very colorful and nicely done Christmas ornaments. I like your display tree as well. They always make nice gifts.

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

Ernie Nyvall
12-15-2005, 8:50 PM
Maybe Andy meant that they would turn into ornaments and I read it wrong. another senior momenttttttttttttttttt.

I don't think so. You just have to say " Yes Andy, they could". That way he won't get violent.

By the way, those are very nice ornaments and I bet they'll grow some big snow men.

Ernie

Andy Hoyt
12-15-2005, 9:07 PM
Actually, I got it wrong. Just remembered that you're supposed to plant bulbs in the fall so they'll grow and blossom in the spring.