PDA

View Full Version : Moving things around in the shop..

steven c newman
09-10-2019, 6:10 PM
Saw til got emptied out....had a spot cleaned out for it's new home..
415863 to this..415864 to

Old location..to...
21 saws were also wiped down, and cleaned up...old location then got a slab of plywood screwed down...
Stanley No. 358 is out where I can break down boards to length...other 2 mitre boxes are just being stored, for now.
Finger clamps are gluing a strip of Ash across the end...as a stiffener.
Tablesaw is "parked" out of the way...can be moved aside, if I need access to the other mitre saws..
415868and415869
Not a whole lot of room on this side of the shop....

Need to build a better bottom shelf on the old lathe bench...old osb board had about faded away...may get a 2 x 12 and use it for the bottom shelf..we'll see..
Right now...have something else going on in the shop..
Getting tired of spider webs everywhere....have 2 more cans waiting to go....

Nicholas Lawrence
09-10-2019, 7:31 PM
I thought I had more saws than I need.

Thomas L Carpenter
09-11-2019, 12:12 PM
Indoor fogger seems like a good idea but does it have any downsides? My double garage/shop is home to quite a few crawling things that seem to jump out at me when I least expect it so fogging may be in my future. Does it stain wood or metal? I have used it in the house many years ago with no adverse effects but the shop is a different story.

Mark Daily
09-11-2019, 12:27 PM
Indoor fogger seems like a good idea but does it have any downsides? My double garage/shop is home to quite a few crawling things that seem to jump out at me when I least expect it so fogging may be in my future. Does it stain wood or metal? I have used it in the house many years ago with no adverse effects but the shop is a different story.

They can leave a residue after they settle out of the air. The “Raid Fumigator dry smoke” is a better choice, leaves no residue and gets into places the other foggers don’t.

steven c newman
09-11-2019, 12:32 PM
I set it right on the floor....haven't seen any "stains" from the fogger...

When I was moving the saw til, I took all the saws out of it....had to wipe every one down, due to dust and webs. Once the til was empty, I had to clean out a huge web/nest....

I may have to go back on that auction site....getting way too many saws. Been so long, I have even forgotten my passwords/name on the site....PayPal is long gone, was hacked, anyway...now I have a new card...kind of leery about setting PP up, again.

On the dining room table, there resides an Amazon shipping box.....stuff with all sorts of goodies. I need to sort through that 30 pounds of stuff, and start putting things away...

Andrew Pitonyak
09-11-2019, 11:50 PM
I thought I had more saws than I need.

Steve may have more saws than all of us combined need :D

But what is he to do? He is out minding his own business (walking around some huge swap meet) and there it is, $4 for three saws, two hand planes, and a yankee screwdriver.

steven c newman
09-12-2019, 2:45 PM
Inventory Day..of the box upstairs, and a tool tote ( catchall)...
Box?
Tool tote?
Tool tote is now airing out..
Even a couple "power tools" were found..
Drill bit sharpener, and a WEN Wet Wheel grinder....there are 2 framing squares sitting there...
Almost cleared up....table may be going to the curb....the white sack has about 7 bandsaw blades....I set aside a bit of lumber..
1/2" x 6" x 24" Pine. Going to make a few storage boxes with these. 1/4" plywood bottoms, and a raised panel lid....finger/box joints for the boxes corners. May do a Build-along post about that, IF anyone wants....

steven c newman
09-12-2019, 2:52 PM
Ok, let's play find that tool....I am going to post a few photos of the inventory I found..first set will be from the Amazon Box.....then, the next post will be from the Tool Tote.....here we go..
And now the tool tote's stuff..
have fun....BTW...there was a few things that went out to the curb, that I didn't include in these pictures.

steven c newman
09-12-2019, 2:55 PM
And, the rest of the stuff from the tool tote..
The "Biggies"....

steven c newman
09-13-2019, 11:20 PM
Was unable to install that chain drill into the Breast drill's chuck..
..Squared section on the chain drill is 1/2" too long...at least.

"Crow Bar" is 24" long...easier to carry around. Used to have a 36" one, until the curved section snapped off...

Both hammers are Craftsman...red handle is the original handle.....replacement wood handle for the other....they are 17" long. Did a lot of form work, one for my tool belt, the other in the bucket as a spare.

Bolt cutters are from back then, too. We used a 6 x 6 Weld Wire panel for the flat work...when we didn't use layers of rebar....bolt cutters could both cut the wires, and bend the ends to tie the panels together.

There was a lot of wrenches, pliers, and normal screwdrivers in the mess....most of which went back into the Mechanics' Roll-around tool chest....with the socket sets and such. About every hand tool I needed, whether to work on cars, on work on injection molding machines....

Goal is once the tote has aired out, I load it back up, and set it on a shelf under the old lathe bench....as soon as I build the shelf, of course...

Not sure about the old walnut Coffee table...
May just set it out at the curb.....