PDA

View Full Version : Posting .cdr files

Glen Peters
12-15-2005, 11:21 AM
Here is a suggestion to consider when posting .cdr files to this forum.

Save the file to a earlier version of Corel such as version 9 and post that file. Some of us, I for one, am using Corel 11 and can't justify upgrading at this time. Any .cdr file created with Version 12 I can not open. Any file created with version 11 or older I can open, i.e. backwards compatiable but not forwards compatiable.

It is easy to save your .cdr file to an earlier version. Open the file in Corel, click "File", "Save As". In the "Save As" dialog box you will find a "Version" drop down list. Select the version you wish to save as, rename or add Vxx to the file name so you do not change your working file, and click "Save. Post the new file and those with older verwions Corel will be able to open it.

I suggeted saving as version 9. Is anyone using a version older than 9? Corel 11 allows me to save back to version 5.

Thanks

Glen

Dave Fifield
12-15-2005, 2:36 PM
Hi Glen,

It doesn't take long, you're right. I for one will do this from now on.

I posted what I think is the Corel Draw version 9 file of the 18 point snowflake design in the appropriate thread just now. When I click on it, it still says it's a cdr12 file, but I think that's just my computer saying that. Please could you try it and see if it's okay on your computer. I'll adjust it if I need to.

Cheers,
Dave F.

Glen Peters
12-15-2005, 3:51 PM
Thanks Dave

Opens just fine with Corel 11

Glen

Dave Fifield
12-15-2005, 5:01 PM
Fine business Glen. Hey, let me know if there are any other projects on here that you'd like converted so you can use them. I'd be happy to oblige.

Cheers,
Dave F.