PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
09-02-2019, 11:58 AM
2 Sep 2019

Greetings,
I started oncall duty today and I already dislike this week.
Happy Labor Day to all of you who celebrate this holiday and I wish you great family, food, and fun for today.
I've been working on the old belt/disk sander rebuild and here's my progress pics.

This is primer color.

This color is called Tuscan Sun....It's not a Powermatic color, but it's close enough for a machine that will be put to work inside my shop. :)

and one more:

I have a commission piece for a mini baseball bat and ball rack and I hope to take a break from machine rebuilding to getting this rack done for a lady at work.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all.

Jim Becker
09-02-2019, 9:09 PM
That's definitely yellow Dennis. :) I think you should continue with the yellow theme in your shop for other things you're thinking about, too. LOL :D

Handed off the completed architectural reproductions last week as previously noted and I'm looking forward to seeing the completed home renovation at some point. It's a small old Victorian structure somewhere in New Hope, PA near where I live and I'm so happy I got to contribute to that project. More business may come from it, too. Of course, after cutting all that exterior MDF, there was a bit of cleanup to accomplish before I could move on to more fun. I did cut a few sample guitar necks to prove out a design and started working on a large threshold for a friend's home. I had previously made one for him out of the pine he requested, but it just didn't hold up. I convinced him to allow me to switch to oak this time around and we made a few small "lessons learned" modifications to make it stronger, too. On the computer, I started on a bass guitar design to compliment the guitar design I'm developing. I likely have some sign work coming...'been working for a year to get that order and the client is finally ready, having tackled a bunch of other more critical needs for their farm that needed to be addressed first.