PDA

View Full Version : Neander documentary request

David Scarborough
12-14-2005, 11:32 PM
Hello all,
I am in the process of creating a cd-rom that is dedicated to the exclusive use of hand tools, techniques, and useful projects and I'd appreciate any help I can get. Heres what I am looking for:

1. Basic hand tool lists. From the bare beginning minimum to the advanced/accomplished hand tool woodworker.

2. .Pdf or MS word files of old school woodworking techniques; IE: hand cut through dovetails, mortise and tenons, bridle joints, et all. Everything from basic layout and measurement to completion. Any shortcuts, tips, jigs and the like are appreciated.

3. Hand made hand tools / shops, tools and techniques: I would like to find plane plans, hand saw handle patterns, shop layouts, machine plans (lathe, scroll saw etc) and shop techniques. Things like basic chisel sharpening, hand saw jointing and resharpening

4. USEFUL PROJECTS: I emphasize this because you see a lot of projects out there that are great for the power tool gang (I use them too; no hypocrite here) but I am looking for documented hand tool projects that relate to the shop, bedroom, living room, kitchen, bathroom, so on and so forth. Everything from a good sawhorse, tool cabinet, and chisel stand to a large bookcase, 8 x 10 picture frame, dining room table for 6, side chairs, and on and on.

I know what I am asking is a lot and please understand that I am not doing this for profit. If after I get all of this stuff together, I'll happily make a cd for anyone. I just want to get all of this information in one place. Kinda like the foxfire books.
If anyone can give me any ideas for anything that I've missed (and I have, I'm certain) send it on. Please PM me with what you have and I will set something up regarding a server to recieve the info. All information and articles will have the owner / writers info for credit due.

I thank everyone in advance,

Dave S