PDA

View Full Version : Unloading a Hammer F3 Shaper

ChrisA Edwards
09-01-2019, 2:13 PM
I've been procrastinating about getting my Hammer F3 shaper off the delivery pallet, just before lunch I got motivated.

Took about 15 minutes of moving it 1/2" at a time, blocking it up on pieces of 2" x 4", being very cautious not to use the sliding table. I really didn't need to exert too much effort to lift it just enough to allow it to slide.

(Footage from my security camera)

https://youtu.be/euye-nhP-2M

Mike King
09-01-2019, 3:09 PM
Good that you got it done. I might have selected different footwear....

Mike

ChrisA Edwards
09-01-2019, 3:37 PM
I might have selected different footwear....

Mike
Good point

Will Blick
09-01-2019, 5:08 PM
Chris, awesome video!! I always struggle with one man rigging of heavy tools like that!!
brilliant strategy...
but maybe I missed it, but how did u get the runway boards out after you droped the Hammer on the rolling base?
Just adding one guy make a world of difference, but I often cant find that guy, or dont want him to blow his back out and I am in debt for life..

ChrisA Edwards
09-01-2019, 6:23 PM
I started off with a pair of 2"x4"s laying flat on the rails of the portamate. This was about an inch lower that the deck of the Pallet. As I slid it along, the front most corners, coming off the pallet, were supported by the 2x4's. When I got close to the point where the back edge was about to transition off the pallet, I just a few short pieces of 2x4 into the corners of the portamate and transitioned the shaper off the long 2x4's. Then it was just a matter of getting those small pieces out, this is where I could have done with an extra set of hands, and maybe better footwear.

Tomorrow, I get to read the manual again and set the machine up... :)

Albert Lee
09-01-2019, 10:11 PM
I bought a shaper yesterday and this is how I unloaded it...

being an one man workshop a forklift + curtain sider + tail lift(to pickup machinery from people who doesnt have a forklift) is a god bless.

The shaper is a SCM/Samco T40 I, $1200 USD. comes with 20+ tooling and cutter heads.