PDA

View Full Version : Boy Do These Seem Big!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bruce Shiverdecker
12-14-2005, 10:58 PM
After doing itty bitty, these seem gigantic to me. My first try at bottle stoppers.

The kits are Woodcraft screw-on chrome with sylicon "O" rings. They go together very quickly, but I had a problem.

The instructions said to use a 6mm drill. I bought the starter kit (Four Stoppers and Drill Bit) Can't tell if it is 6mm, but it drills a hole WAY too large.:mad:

I was making my first one out of Aeromatic Cedar and it spun off the mandril and wouldn't stay on the stopper; just dropped off?:confused: Next one was the Walnut you see in the picture. It was ok.:rolleyes: Tonight I started with Hard Maple ................Same as Cedar! HMMMMMMMMMMM.:mad: :mad: Said the "H" with this and got a 7/32" drill. NOW THAT works great.:cool:

In the Picture #1 is Hard Maple, #2 is Walnut, #3 is Black Locust, and #4 is Osage Orange.

Thanks for lookin'

Bruce

Bernie Weishapl
12-14-2005, 11:04 PM
I'm looking Bruce but don't see nuthin. Where did ya hide um?:eek: I know what you mean when you drill with a unkown bit or what I would call unknown and it is way to big. Bummer.

John Hart
12-14-2005, 11:04 PM
They sure LOOK itty bitty!

Andy Hoyt
12-15-2005, 12:23 AM
Geez! By the time your posting made it all the way up here to the righthand corner the pics were all eroded away to nothingness.

Bruce Shiverdecker
12-15-2005, 12:37 AM
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! Senior Moment again!

Here you go!

Robert Watsek
12-15-2005, 1:13 AM
Ahhhh there we are, Nice looking stoppers Bruce!

Those senior moments will get ya everytime....... I know:D

Bob

John Hart
12-15-2005, 7:04 AM
Nice goin' Bruce! Good recovery on gettin' 'er done. I personally don't know anything about the bottle stopper kits, but it looks like you muddled through just fine!;)

Dick Parr
12-15-2005, 7:40 AM
Very nice Bruce, like the shapes.:)

Glenn Hodges
12-15-2005, 8:26 AM
Very nice Bruce!

Ed Lang
12-15-2005, 8:30 AM
I had the same problem with the drill bit. I did as you and used a smaller one and all is fine.

I use epoxy in the wood for the threaded rod.

Yours look real nice and BIG!

Bill Stevener
12-15-2005, 9:43 AM
It's hard to believe you any more, with out a dime in the photo.:D
But, the ones you are showing sure do look nice.
Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>:)

Bernie Weishapl
12-15-2005, 9:50 AM
Looking good Bruce. Nice shapes.

Bruce Shiverdecker
12-15-2005, 7:01 PM
Took another picture...............................JUST FOR YOU, BILL...............with a DIME and the display base I made for them this morning. Will be using it Friday and Saturday Evening at the Forest Park Nature Center "Shop and Stroll."

Bruce;)

Ernie Nyvall
12-15-2005, 9:09 PM
Nice work Bruce. I've used those but couldn't get the transition from stopper to wood like you did so I cheated and cut a recess in the wood for the stopper to go up in to.

Ernie

Keith Burns
12-15-2005, 9:57 PM
bruce, they all look great for sure and they are HUGE:D