PDA

View Full Version : sorry i've been gone folks

scott pollack
12-14-2005, 8:19 PM
Hi all. I want to apologize for having been gone. Work and family along with a knee operation / rehab have kept me pretty busy. I hope I'll be accepted back with no hard feelings.

I have been busy in my shop. I'd like to share with y'all the pics of the shaker side table I did that was featured in Woodworking mag but what I've scanned is too large a file for this. As soon as I figure out how to make it smaller I'll post it. It's 100% solid hickory. It's not perfect but it does look good by our front door. Thanks guys! Scott

Matthew Dworman
12-14-2005, 8:29 PM
Welcome Back Scott!

Karl Laustrup
12-14-2005, 8:33 PM
Well first, good to have you back posting Scott. :)

Go online and Google PIXresizer. Download same [it's free] and resize your pics to roughly 800x600. Very simple program to use [trust me, if I can use it, it's simple]. That usually gets them below the 100kb size for posting.

Looking forward to the pix.

Karl

Dave Anderson NH
12-15-2005, 9:54 AM
Glad to have you back Scott. We all tend to slide in and out of the forums occasionally based on work, family demands, and all of the other everyday stuff. Even the moderators are no exception. While you were missed, no one will criticize you for having had other committments.

Ed Breen
12-20-2005, 6:57 PM
Hey Scott,
I'm up for a knee replacement Jan 30th, any words of wisdom??
Ed:rolleyes:

scott pollack
12-20-2005, 9:57 PM
ed, yes, i do have advice. listen to the therapist!!!!!!! this was my second torn cart. operation. first time i was 18 and thought i knew better. it cost me a baseball scholarship. 22 yrs later, this tear was a direct result from that lack of rehab. hopefully they will push you to the limit. it's gonna hurt but it's worth it! good luck and let me know how you do! Scott