PDA

View Full Version : Birch Plywood Source?

John Respass
12-14-2005, 6:28 PM
Is there a supplier of Birch Plywood in NJ or SE PA?

Chris Rosenberger
12-14-2005, 10:13 PM
Lowes or Home Depot

Joe Mioux
12-14-2005, 11:24 PM
You might want to check out a local cabinet shop. They might sell you some better quality plywood than you could find at Lowes or HD.

Alan Turner
12-15-2005, 4:54 AM
John,
How much are you looking for? What size and thickness? Birch, or Baltic Birch?

John Respass
12-15-2005, 8:14 AM
I am looking for baltic birch in 1/4, 3/8, 1/2 and 3/4 or the nearest metric equivalent.

The quality in our local Home Depot and Lowes is not that good right now. I look at their stock every time I stop in.

John Respass
12-15-2005, 8:16 AM
I forgot to include size. Full sheet (4x8) or half sheets.

Thanks,

John Respass

Jim Becker
12-15-2005, 10:46 AM
There are a few plywood suppliers in the SE PA area. You can use woodfinder.com to locate them. You may need to prove a commercial interest to buy direct or work with a cabinet shop or craftsperson who is already a customer, however. Most of the plywood suppliers do not sell to individuals and may also have minimum order sizes. You can also order what you need from a good, full-service lumber yard like Doylestown Lumber or Neice Lumber. You'll pay a premium, but be able to buy in small quantities. Since you are in Princeton, you can also ask Willard Brothers outside of Trenton...they carry some sheet stock and can likely get what you want.

Mike Linne
12-16-2005, 6:22 PM
Atlantic Plywood in NJ will sell small quantities. They typically stock furniture grade as well as Russian birch. Decent pricing and nice to deal with. They recently relocated from Rutherford to Carlstadt.