PDA

View Full Version : Workshop hounds

Dueane Hicks
08-11-2019, 6:22 PM
Post a pic of your workshop hound....or feline. Most have one. Mine won't go in the shop, he doesn't like noise of any kind, plus he's a big chicken. But he does wait for me by the front door of the house! He is a English bulldog and his name is Winston wigglesworth.

Frederick Skelly
08-11-2019, 6:32 PM
He is a English bulldog and his name is Winston Wiggleworth

Man, your dog is well named. He looks like Churchill!

Paul F Franklin
08-11-2019, 7:14 PM
OK, I'll Play. This is Golda:

We got her as a used dog, but vet thinks she is husky/golden mix... You can see the remains of her last stuffed animal "victim" in the background, and may be able to see her "cheeto" paws. She loves to run the bases at the baseball field of a local park, and this was taken after they had just put down a new layer of the orange/red clay on the field. It turned her paws bright orange for a few days, and my wife dubbed them cheeto paws.

She likes to hang out in the basement during the summer, but usually heads upstairs when I go to the shop, since she knows it usually means unpleasant noise. But lately when I am working down there she will sometimes come down and knock on the door to be let in. She'll sniff around and then curl up in the corner and nap, unless I get the router going; that will still send her upstairs.

Darcy Warner
08-11-2019, 7:47 PM

Almost 9 month old Great Dane.
She is a foam, cardboard, paper, wood, shredding machine.

glenn bradley
08-11-2019, 10:01 PM
My Wonder dog.

Her eating pose.

Charles P. Wright
08-12-2019, 1:23 PM
He's a European working line shepherd, but I don't actually let him in the shop. Too much of a chance for him to get hurt, knock over something or distract me in some way.

I joke that I like to have both my dog and my power tools german engineered.

Frank DeSantis
08-18-2019, 10:07 PM
I keep treats in the shop. They are well behaved when food is on the line.

Joe Wood
08-18-2019, 11:35 PM
I was ending the day in the shop, folded up a drop cloth and tossed it on to a chair,

and Keiko hopped right up, thought I made made a nest for her [:o)

Jack Frederick
08-18-2019, 11:47 PM
Picasso’s cat...and my shop cat

Tim M Tuttle
08-19-2019, 12:11 PM
This is Maze. She is a 10 month old golden retriever I got a couple of months ago. She's only in the shop when I am doing stuff that doesnt require any of the power tools running and only when it's cleaned up really well because she eats pretty much anything that's on the floor.

Darcy Warner
08-19-2019, 12:48 PM

Making a mess of a sawdust pile.

She is there every day no matter what I am doing. She will ride on a skid on the forklift, climb up on the lift with me, equipment running doesn't bother her. She is just like my kids, welcome whenever no matter what is going on.

Paul F Franklin
08-19-2019, 2:01 PM
Maze is a cutie! Gotta love Goldens. Golda won't bother most stuff on the floor, but she loves to chew on cardboard. I would say most every box within reach in the shop has nibble marks on the corners.

Jon Nuckles
08-19-2019, 2:10 PM
This is Zoe using the dust collector hose as a pillow. The only shop noise that bothers her is a nail gun. She likes the big piles of shavings under the lathe when I turn. If those aren't available, she just finds the biggest collection of sawdust and plops down.

Patrick Kane
08-19-2019, 4:33 PM
I love English Bulldogs. I have two frenchies, and the younger one loves being in the woodshop. My space is in the basement of the house, so he runs down the stairs anytime my wife or i open the door to go downstairs. I dont want to expose him to the noise, so hes never down there when im running tools. He always ends up with some form of a scrap that he gnaws on. The older one has always been afraid of long sets of stairs, and will stand at the landing just staring at me.

Scott T Smith
08-27-2019, 6:57 PM
Here is Ricochet (Shea) wearing her "Mutt Muffs" in the woodshop.

And here she is laying in some wood shavings.

Dylan Wyatt
08-29-2019, 2:29 PM
This is Gus, otherwise known as GusMan or Bubbers. He is always laying up against the sawdust piles (much to his mother's dismay) or wagging his tail at me waiting to be petted. If I am working on a ladder and don't come down for more than 10 minutes, he starts whining so I will come down and pet him and he gets excited like it's the first time he's seen me all day.

Tom Bain
08-30-2019, 6:31 AM
Best. Thread. Ever.

Jon Snider
08-30-2019, 9:19 AM

Got to be part of this thread! This is a Ruby, an 8 y/o English Setter. She usually won’t come into the shop, unless there’s a big storm outside, then I can’t keep her out.

Paul F Franklin
08-30-2019, 11:19 AM
Jon, judging by several of the posts in this thread, your shop is too neat. You need a pile of shavings on the floor to entice Ruby to come in more often..... But if anyone asks, you didn't hear it from me.

Jon Snider
08-30-2019, 1:08 PM
There is now a nice stack of Port Orford Cedar where she was on the floor. But now that I’ve moved most of my tools and other crap up from the old basement shop I can’t get in there to take a new picture. Starting my next dory build is on hold until I can get butt in gear and put stuff away.