PDA

View Full Version : Brazilian Cherry

ROBERT SCHUMAN
12-14-2005, 7:56 AM
a couple of newels 5 by 5 by 60
Bob

Chris Barton
12-14-2005, 7:58 AM
Way to go Robert! It is not often we see spindle work posted and your is exceptional! Very nice transitions and pommels.

John Hart
12-14-2005, 8:24 AM
Those are going to be gorgeous!! Yer not going to paint them.....are you?:eek:

Raymond Overman
12-14-2005, 10:25 AM
You're welcome to bring those to my house for installation. I'll only need a few of them. They're beautiful.

That is beautiful wood to work with too. The CEO of the company I work for just put huge sliding doors made of Brazilian cherry in his pool house and brought me the cutoffs. Just enough to make a few pens and bottle stoppers but it finishes beautifully.

Ernie Nyvall
12-14-2005, 8:58 PM
Wow Robert, did you use a duplicator on those. I like the designs. Nice work.

Ernie

ROBERT SCHUMAN
12-14-2005, 8:59 PM
yes I think I will paint them.... :0

No actually there not mine any more ,they belong to me only till they are finished..then they go ..

thanks for the compliments everyone.

Bob

ROBERT SCHUMAN
12-14-2005, 9:20 PM
I use a hapfo ap 5000 hydro king .It works very well .I used an old boieng lathe for two years it had a fourteen foot bed and a twelve horse motor,
the new lathe is well sweet I can flute rope twist and some things I havnt thougt of yet!:)

ROBERT SCHUMAN
12-14-2005, 9:25 PM
The funny thing about these post is that the order called for maple....
There was three now Im down to one... Sorry ,but I can make you a couple more for about hmmm 500.00 or so .
When did you want to pick them up ? But you are right it is beautiful wood I have a bunch out in my shop still waiting to get motivated.