PDA

View Full Version : I'm not sure how to do this...

Carla Lange
12-13-2005, 11:38 PM
I am still learning Corel, so I'm stumped. I have a vectored clipart of a dog I am trying to make into an ornament. When I try to change some of the outline into hairline size lines so I can cut, ALL of the outline changes to that thickness. I want to engrave part of the outline, so how do I change just part of the outline to hairline, but leave the rest thicker?
Thank you for your help.
Carla

Jeff DeVore
12-13-2005, 11:52 PM
Hi Carla,
What I do on my dog ornaments is if I want to put the dog into the center of say a circle that is a 1/2" thick on the outside of the donut is to first postition the dog on the circle where you want it and then use the bezier tool to trace the parts that I don't want to cut. I usually use a different color for the trace so that I can see it. Then I make the trace lines to the thickness I want, make them black and then weld the dog to the circle. Hope my explanation makes sense, Jeff.

Carla Lange
12-14-2005, 12:07 AM
Thank you Jeff, I'll try that in the morning. Right now my eyes are buggy from trying, and trying, and trying. .....but I don't give up:D

Tom Cole
12-14-2005, 1:23 PM
If it is changing ALL the lines in a design to hairline (or whatever you select), either the outline is one continuous vector, or it is a group and needs to ungrouped to select just one line at a time.........tom

Mike Mackenzie
12-14-2005, 1:41 PM
Carla,

It sounds to me like the image is combined, Try selecting the image and go to arrange and then BREAK APART. See if this works. After it is broken apart select just the outline and change the color if only the outline changes then you can manipulate the other lines, I would change them to another color then you can control each independently.

Frank Corker
12-14-2005, 3:48 PM
Carla,

Have a look here, this will help you I think

http://www.epiloglaser.com/tl_removingwhitebackground.htm

Carla Lange
12-15-2005, 10:24 AM
Thank you all for your help. I've been able to accomplish the mission with your suggestions. Gee, I love this place!
Carla