PDA

View Full Version : Week end madness!!!!!

Terry Quiram
07-07-2003, 6:56 AM
Saturday a friend and I with the help of a friendly sawyer milled 850 bd ft of Ash and Maple. Let me tell you it was burtal. 95 degrees and no breeze. The wood came from 2 trees with just about an even split bewteen the two. Both had been on the ground for a couple of years. Got some nice 12" wide Ash and all the Maple was spalted. That was a nice bonus. Cost $0.28 a foot. I can't remember the last time I was that tired.

Terry Quiram
07-07-2003, 6:58 AM
A closer look at the Maple on the mill.

Doug Jones
07-07-2003, 8:02 AM
Being next door to you in Indiana I know how hot and muggy it was Saturday. I'm sure though in the long haul you'll be glad that you got all the wood to work with in the future. Enjoy it.

John Miliunas
07-07-2003, 8:49 AM
Terry, you may have been "wet with sweat", but I'm "green with envy"! That's quite the haul! And, at $00.28 bd/ft., you were "well paid", too! Like Doug mentions, the weather was akin to the Tropics. If it makes you feel any better, my sweat time was spent helping a WW friend clear out his production shop to put into storage (he's moving to Florida). Not only equipment, but many, MANY full and partial sheets of 3/4" veneered MDF! (I did score a LOT of cutoff panels and "scrap" pieces of solid stock, mainly Cherry :D .) At any rate, I think you did good! :cool: