PDA

View Full Version : Shop time = good time

Rob Luter
08-04-2019, 5:26 PM
I got to spend a few hours in my shop this weekend finishing up a project and setting up a new tool. All in all it was time well spent. Both efforts will be covered in individual posts in the appropriate sub-forum. I’ve determined that hand tool woodworking is the best blood pressure medicine there is. Like I need to tell you guys and gals that.

steven c newman
08-04-2019, 11:51 PM
Until I start throwing things....somedays, you have to know when to just stop and walk away for a day....

Rob Luter
08-05-2019, 7:51 AM
Yup, or hone your skills on mistake fixing :D

I had a few episodes of that yesterday. I made a couple bonehead errors that resulted in some joinery that was..."imprecise". I used a couple techniques I learned in FWW and the goofs are invisible now.

Scott Winners
08-05-2019, 9:56 PM
I’ve determined that hand tool woodworking is the best blood pressure medicine there is.

Preach it brother!

steven c newman
08-06-2019, 12:07 PM
Somedays, I can hide out down in the shop for hours...other than Potty breaks....just lost in my own world....loose track of time, too...then wonder WHY I am so sore, later:rolleyes:

I use handtools mainly because there is very little room for the big machines....besides, noise would travel up through the floor..bad enough when the cussing starts:eek: Dust collector? Model I use is a Broom & Dustpan....save on the electric bill, too...

Jerry Olexa
08-06-2019, 12:20 PM
EXCELLENT comments by all of you!!! Fully agree...Some days, when I'm having a bad day, i just head to the shop to unwind, decompress...My spouse understands the odd person I am.. :)

Stan Calow
08-06-2019, 12:21 PM
Yup, or hone your skills on mistake fixing :D

. . . . I made a couple bonehead errors that resulted in some joinery that was..."imprecise". I used a couple techniques I learned in FWW and the goofs are invisible now.

This is a topic I think should be covered more comprehensively by magazine articles, TV shows, etc., and worth a lot more sharing of tips.