PDA

View Full Version : Minimax S45 bandsaw motor switch wiring problem

David Schenk
08-02-2019, 4:17 PM
Hello all - I have an older Minimax S45 bandsaw and had to change out my motor capacitor which is wired into the switch on the motor. Didn't think it was a big deal until I opened up the switch and found that the wires were not connected to leads but had small copper connectors that were held in by pressure. Now I don't know how to re-wire the capacitor into this switch. Has anyone had to do this and can give me an idea of where the connectors go in the switch?

Randall J Cox
08-02-2019, 4:21 PM
I'll be watching this one closely as I also have an older MiniMax S45, have not had any elect problems so far (knock on wood)… Randy

Paul Tubergen
08-02-2019, 5:31 PM
I replace mine about 3 mos ago. I just replaced it with the new capacitor by attaching the same color leads to where the original was attached. As I recall the Capacitor had brown and blue wires like what is show. It has been running fine since then. I was initially expecting to see it wired to separate terminals but then realized it is a run capacitor not just a start capacitor.

David Schenk
08-05-2019, 9:34 AM
Thanks Paul. Do you happen to remember how the wiring was situated in the switch? One of the leads from the capacitor goes into the switch and when I took it apart I didn't pay attention to what went where.