PDA

View Full Version : Help, laser not firing

Rodrigo Giust
08-02-2019, 11:19 AM
Hello
I have been having this problem for weeks now and I have yet to find a solution.
I own a Senfeng 1390 CNC Laser and a few weeks ago the laser stopped firing, we assumed the laser tube died so we made plans to replace it, the CNC was on and idle for a few minutes and then I saw it was continuosly firing a laser beam, we shut it off and realized it wasn't a laser tube issue, we guessed it was the power supply, we had a brand new replacement and changed it but still the same issue.
Doing more research we assumed it was the motherboard, we bought a replacement and installed it but the laser still doesn't fire.
Now we already tried going into the motherboard settings and nothing has changed.
Then one day we were doing a test method seen on a youtube video where if you unplug the data cable from the power supply and press a test button on that same power supply it can tell you if it is broken depending on which lights turn on.
But the laser does fire using that method.
So I am guessing it's either a faulty motherboard, or power supply (possible, but unlikely since they are brand new) or some other piece of hardware that is faulty and I cannot figure out which it is.
Or there's something in the settings I have overlooked so any help will be greatly appreciated.
I do have some photos of the parts in case they are needed I will post them.
Thank you

Chris Thomason
08-02-2019, 11:30 AM
Could be a bad connection between the motherboard and power supply.

Could also be a bad interlock switch. Depending on the machine you could have a cooling flow switch or a door close switch that has gone bad or come loose that is preventing the laser from firing.

Randy Heinemann
08-02-2019, 12:54 PM
Have you tried technical support at the company that manufactured it? It would seem likely that they would be the best qualified to troubleshoot the problem. Or is there no contact in the US?

Rodrigo Giust
08-03-2019, 8:20 AM
Could be a bad connection between the motherboard and power supply.

Could also be a bad interlock switch. Depending on the machine you could have a cooling flow switch or a door close switch that has gone bad or come loose that is preventing the laser from firing.
Thanks, I am guessing it is either something wrong with the motherboard configuration or that, maybe the cable is faulty, I think I might try a different power supply to compare the results.
If by interlock switch you mean the ones on the cover that would prevent it from firing if it is opened, that is not it, it doesn't have one and has been firing with the front cover open.

Rodrigo Giust
08-03-2019, 8:22 AM
Have you tried technical support at the company that manufactured it? It would seem likely that they would be the best qualified to troubleshoot the problem. Or is there no contact in the US?
I don't live in the US but I have tried the tech support with Senfeng, and I wish it was different but it has been less than helpful, and slow (because of the time difference with China).
Thanks anyway

Rodrigo Giust
08-03-2019, 10:43 AM
So the strangest thing happened, we tried out the old power supply and the CNC laser is working.
My guess is that the brand new power supply came faulty from the vendor (unlikely but it can happen), others are saying it must be something wrong with the settings.
But in any case thanks to those who replied.