PDA

View Full Version : Accuris Powersharp12 with Coreldraw - anyone get the drivers to work?

david b west
07-23-2019, 9:05 PM
Hi,

I have an Accuris Powersharp12 with Coreldraw - wondering if anyone has been able to get the drivers to work?

the best I can get is with the latest drives it works, but I lose 1.5 inches from the top of the table.

I know it is an older machine, just wondering if anyone here ever got their to work with any version of Corel, and if so what did you do?

any help would really be appreciated,
thanks
david

Kev Williams
07-24-2019, 12:12 PM
Losing 1.5" likely has nothing to do with Corel, unless the page size in Corel doesn't match the machine's table size, be sure they're the same...

The top and left 0/0 origins are set by the machine, not Corel. I don't know if you've owned the machine for awhile or just acquired it? If you just got it could be the PO had the top origin offset for some reason. There should be a boot-up sequence, holding a certain button or buttons when turning on the machine, that will put you into the machine's alignment mode. Do you have any manuals for the machine?

david b west
07-24-2019, 3:08 PM
Losing 1.5" likely has nothing to do with Corel, unless the page size in Corel doesn't match the machine's table size, be sure they're the same...

The top and left 0/0 origins are set by the machine, not Corel. I don't know if you've owned the machine for awhile or just acquired it? If you just got it could be the PO had the top origin offset for some reason. There should be a boot-up sequence, holding a certain button or buttons when turning on the machine, that will put you into the machine's alignment mode. Do you have any manuals for the machine?

Thanks for the Reply Kev.

just acquired it-- aligned it. cuts fine, just not in the top 1.5 inches.

I can not find anything in the manual regarding offsets. That would be the simple answer that I would hope for from any Accuris user.

I have a manual. (user, not service). I have re-homed the machine. If I knew how I would do a factory reset, but no such option exists that I am aware of.

For clarification there are TWO printer drivers available at the Signwarehouse website.

The first is for windows 7.
When loaded on a win7 machine the Laser give an error code and will not print.

Of note is the fact that the page size matches the laser.
PageWidth=6600
PageHeight=4950
MaterialSize=7800

The second is a driver for Win7 and Win8.

This driver will print. On default or "Upper left corner" it prints fine on the X-axis, but 1.5 inches low on the Y-Axis. You can, thru Corel, direct it to print in the lower left or lower right corners and the alignment is fine.

Of note here is the fact that the "default" table size in the .ini file is
PageWidth=6090
PageHeight=4570
MaterialSize=7800

Perhaps I could change "MaterialSize" but I have no idea how to calculate it.

I am able to change the Page Height once the Driver is installed but it behaves as if I have not changed the page height.

I have changed the page height in the .ini file and performed a clean win7 / Corel install. Still same results.

What I have not yet done is to try a version of Corel older than x7 (the oldest version that I have).

it appears to be a decent machine. It is usable as is, I just hate to give up that much table when I had plans for cutting items almost the size of the table..

I would love to hear if ANYONE actually has a WORKING laser of this type with the current drivers, or if ANYONE could share ANY OLDER WORKING drivers and I will by an older version of Corel to match whatever drivers that I can come up with.

Also curios if any owners ever had this problem and what they did to resolve it.

thanks again for the help.

Kev Williams
07-25-2019, 1:44 AM
Ok, I downloaded the manual. The driver section states your table is:

24" (6096mm) wide,
19.48" (4948mm) tall

Your first driver has the height correct at 4950, but the length of 6600 puts it at 25.98"...

Your second driver is just the opposite, sorta, the length is correct at 6090, but the height of 4570 puts it at 18", which is guess what, your missing 1-1/2"...

the material size of 7800 is just shy of 30-3/4". To fit something that long in the machine you'd need 3-3/8" inches of free space on the sides, pics of the machine show no where near that much space, so I have no idea what 'MaterialSize' refers to. Since is the same in both versions, leave it be! :)

Not sure if changing the .ini will help, but it SHOULD be 6090-X and 4590-Y ...

david b west
07-25-2019, 5:15 PM
SHOULD be 6090-X and 4590-Y ...

or SHOULD be 6090-X and 4950-Y???

Thanks for taking all the time Kev. Feels like I am banging my head against the wall here.

I have tried those values in a clean install (win and Corel) to no avail.

NOTE:

any change made in the printer page size dialog box would not "stick" unless the rotary tool box is checked.

even with the ini changed for the install the largest value that the (printer driver) y-page size dialog box will take is 457.
any other value above 457 just reverts back to 457.

at this point I think the problem is inside the "*.dll" and not something I can easily change.

Signwarehouse referred me on to LTT.

This seems to bee a "step-child" machine that has been left out in the cold as far as support goes.

My next machine will be an EPILOG or something similar. I will count driver support as part of my purchase calculations, not just price.

as it stands, I am missing 38mm of my table. I wish it was on the other side so aligning was easier.

I am waiting to see if I hear back from LTT as they do still sell a similar unit.

thanks again for your help and if I find any solution I will post for the benefit of those that might encounter similar problems.

cheers

Kev Williams
07-25-2019, 6:17 PM
I'm thinking the 7800 MaterialSize is the max for the rotary, which comes out to 9.788" diameter- The rotary I see in the machine in the manual doesn't look like it'll accommodate that big a cylinder, but could be there's one available that does. My LS900 rotary will go to 10" diameter...

Question: re the missing useable space on top: Does the laser head home to 0/0 after booting and/or engraving, but not use the first 38mm, OR does it home to 0/-38mm? And where is the Y limit switch located?

I'm not sure but I'm thinking Accuris is made by GCC, seems that's all SignWarehouse sells.

IF the head homes minus -38mm, or even if it doesn't, try this for kicks:

Power on while holding the ENTER button. See if anything different shows up on the display. On my GCC Explorer, this enters the 'set origin page'. Says:
ENTER:SET ORIGIN
START/STOP: RESTART

When I press Enter, the machine's actual origin is displayed. To change it I just move the head to where I want it and then hit whatever button ends the procedure...

I'm curious if yours will do this? It's possible that the origin was set by the previous user to minus 38mm, which would be saved in the machine's memory, and could be why your .ini file numbers won't change, since changing them would put the machine out of engraving range...

Oddly, the Accuris manual does not contain the phrase 'set origin'. But there is a 'laser setup' option on the menu screen, and on page 97 & 98 are some vague instructions on moving the XY postions-- whether they stay as default, no clue..

Alternately, if the enter button doesn't work, try holding other buttons while booting, my start/stop and auto-focus buttons activate other machine settings on boot-up...

david b west
07-25-2019, 10:33 PM
You like solving puzzles I bet....

The machine "zeros" at the top right. This is actually 660,0 .... There are two magnetic sensors there, one for each axis. When you tell it to calibrate X-Y Home it goes to that corner and sets 660.00,0.00 ...

"page 97 & 98"

You can "set" two points on the table for focussing. P1 and P2 . P1 is the middle of the table and it knows where that is. P2 is 0.01,0.01 and is the upper left corner (matching the rulers).

It knows were P2 is and finds it just fine.

This one is LTT. After only a few models they switched to GCC. LTT is still using the same sheet metal. http://www.lttcorp.com/product_V_ILS.html

Tried your enter/power cycle and the machine appears to be in a "ready" state to upgrade. This is part of an *.exe file routine that Signwarehouse has to "Upgrade" the machine to allow for Network file shares. The problem is the upgrade is to V 3.06. The machine is currently at V 5.28 (thereabouts)... This might be part of the problem. I just hate to roll back a machine two versions of the biOs when I have no way to take it back to its current SEMI workings state.

I think you are right about the material size and cylinders. that, or this is a pass thru machine.

I have an email in to LTT and will wait and see if they respond.

at this point I am just going to tape a piece in place and move my artwork down 38mm...

Thanks again for all of the effort. If I hear back from Signwarehouse that the network update won't rollback the entire machine I will finish the update and see where that ends up. There might be a menu under that update that I cant get to right now....

I also have a few leads on people from facebook that have similar machines that I will contact .

cheers
David