PDA

View Full Version : MFC Application Stopped Working

James Walker
07-15-2019, 7:06 PM
Hi Folks. Its been a while since my last problem and I hate to have to be here asking. Has anyone ever had a problem opening EZCAD with a MFC application stopped working popup that prohibited the program from working. After having the scan head replaced I felt confident that this machine would be fine but here I am again with problems. I cant open the software and so my laser is non functioning once again. It is a Ray fine 30W MOPA with cyclops camera. I can open the software with the machine off and in demo mode so I suspect it has something to do with a hardware problem but hoping that I am missing something. All connections are good and up until today the laser was working flawlessly. Jim

Bill George
07-16-2019, 9:00 AM
So you've created a MFC application for running EZCAD, If so why? What is your operating system?

James Walker
07-16-2019, 9:14 AM
No i did not create a MFC application. I am not that computer savy to do that. I am using windows 10 but not connected to any wifi so there are no updates occuring on the system. The MFC errror shows up when I try to open EZCAD except when I do not have the laser on ( it will go into demo mode without the laser being on). I worked great until yesterday when I tried to start it up and I have not been able to open EZCAD since. Thanks

Kev Williams
07-16-2019, 1:06 PM
Bill, "MFC Application" is EzCad, it's the 'program crashed' name for it-- Like when Gravostyle crashes I get 'Type3 has stopped working', and in the running applications it's "pltf". I'm not ever sure what MFC stands for, but it's just another name for EzCad :)

My Triumph EzCad crashes quite often actually, and I believe both my ebay machines have crashed once. All my crashes are the result of something I'm doing the program doesn't like, usually when I have the screen filled up and I give it too many directions at once ;)

In James's case, if I read correctly, he's crashing on program boot but only when connected to the computer. First thing I'd try is a different USB port on the computer, then a different USB cable, then a different computer if possible. These tests will either find the problem or rule out external hardware, which would point to something within the laser. Control card may have a problem, or could be an iffy connection on the card or elsewhere in the machine. I'd suggest pulling and re-inserting connector plugs, and spray both ends with electronics cleaner spray.

If all that doesn't stop the crash, then you likely have something needing replacing...

James Walker
07-16-2019, 7:57 PM
I was hoping that you would reply Kevin. Thank you! I tried swapping the cables and also different ports. The device manager reads all of the devices as working properly of course without the program running. I also tried a second computer and that came up with the same MFC Application error. I pulled the board and examined and found no obvious cracks or loose solder joints. I also used dielectric grease on all plugs and even remover the jumpers and greased them. No visible corrosion on any connections. I suspect something wrong with the board but don't know how I can check. I am hoping Rayfine will contact me back and have a simple way of checking to isolate a bad component without turning into a complete rebuild. I wonder if my original problem with the scan head was a cause or if the board caused a problem with the scan head originally. I am about to the point of just selling this thing as parts and finding another business. Thanks Jim