PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on purchasing/building my new Laser Cutter--Please help if you can!

Kevin Bacon
07-12-2019, 11:57 AM
Hi everyone--thank you for taking the time to look at my post! As I said in the title, I'm about to buy/build a new laser cutter for a fabrication shop (I will be running the laser!). I have a $30,000 max budget and I need a lot of power and a large cutting area so I will be going with Chinese parts (but I learned on a Chinese machine anyway so, nbd). Here is what the machine needs to have: 300 watts (or as close as I can get), CO2, 1 tube (not a dual setup--these seem hard to find?), I want the best tube I can afford ( I need brand recommendations) an 8' x '4 cutting area, other specs not mentioned here are open for suggestion as well, though some speeds close to production level speeds are needed (recommendations here as well, please). Thank you all for your input--please mention this to anyone who you believe has the knowledge to make these recommendations! -- Kevin

John Lifer
07-12-2019, 3:44 PM
I question whether you can build a machine that would be much better than what you can purchase and import for your money. I don't really see much overhead in the chinese machines which is what you really would be trying to 'save'.
If you could run down the hardware and buy individual parts, then maybe. But you are importing most of this machine in parts or already assembled. I would much rather import a working machine..... and have a warranty of some sort. At least some help resolving issues.

Kevin Bacon
07-12-2019, 9:11 PM
Hi--thank you so much for your input! the issue I'm having is finding a machine with 300+w in a a one-tube setup. That's why I though I would buy a machine of the correct dimensions and add a tube. Any recs you can make are welcome!

Kev Williams
07-12-2019, 10:39 PM
I don't know much about large format machines, but I've bought 2 Triumph machines, and have gotten good service from the machines and from the company. They sell a machine almost to your exact specs, there's a TR-1325 model and a TR-1530 model, which are different sizes of the same machine. The 1530 aka 1500 x 3000mm has just shy of a 5' x 10' working area, and can be had with a 300w tube.

Their PDF file lists pretty much all the lasers they sell and is too large to attach here, so here's a link to the online PDF: https://www.dropbox.com/s/800vpgvylbra0rx/TRIUMPHLASER%20PRODUCT.pdf?dl=0

This is a screenshot of the TR-1530 machine and specs, #26 down the list --

Any more info may require an email or phone call..

Kevin Bacon
07-12-2019, 11:33 PM
WOW! thank you! Kevin saving the day for Kevin, haha. I will take a look at these asap--I really appreciate your input!

Kevin Bacon
07-14-2019, 1:30 AM
I don't know much about large format machines, but I've bought 2 Triumph machines, and have gotten good service from the machines and from the company. They sell a machine almost to your exact specs, there's a TR-1325 model and a TR-1530 model, which are different sizes of the same machine. The 1530 aka 1500 x 3000mm has just shy of a 5' x 10' working area, and can be had with a 300w tube.

Their PDF file lists pretty much all the lasers they sell and is too large to attach here, so here's a link to the online PDF: https://www.dropbox.com/s/800vpgvylbra0rx/TRIUMPHLASER%20PRODUCT.pdf?dl=0

This is a screenshot of the TR-1530 machine and specs, #26 down the list --

Any more info may require an email or phone call..

Thank you so much for this info! How much does the TR 1530 cost? Their website does not say (of course)

Julian Ashcroft
07-14-2019, 2:56 AM
Thank you so much for this info! How much does the TR 1530 cost? Their website does not say (of course)

Have a search on Alibaba, both machines are on there, with prices.

Kevin Bacon
07-16-2019, 6:32 PM
Have a search on Alibaba, both machines are on there, with prices.
Thank you sir--will do :)