PDA

View Full Version : If you were my neighbor how would you respond to this request?

Günter VögelBerg
07-07-2019, 10:58 AM
Our neighbor is an older lady who lives alone. We're not really friends, but we are cordial. I occasionally help her with minor home repairs, shovel her snow and take her eggs from our chickens. She brings us a present at Christmas.

Anyway, along our fence she has sprinklers that are on vertical pipes about three feet above the ground. I have always known they spray on our fence and have never really thought much of it, but yesterday I was out there working on my new deck when they went on and had not realized just how much they spray into our yard and onto my soon-to-be-completed deck. Obviously I do not want sprinklers spraying my new deck on a regular basis. I'd like to propose to her that we take out the sprinklers and install drip irrigation, and that I would purchase all the parts and do all the labor.

Would this be a reasonable and neighborly suggestion?

lowell holmes
07-07-2019, 11:01 AM
I see nothing wrong with it. You might make friends with her before suggesting it. There may be a side to her you don't see.
She may be shy and a bit distrusting.

Rod Sheridan
07-07-2019, 11:09 AM
Sounds like good neighbour idea.

You might also mention that it conserve water......Rod

Steve Jenkins
07-07-2019, 11:21 AM
You might instead replace the heads with directional ones. Half circle, rectangular pattern etc.

Bob Glenn
07-07-2019, 11:23 AM
yup, that's the ticket.

Doug Dawson
07-07-2019, 12:01 PM
You might instead replace the heads with directional ones. Half circle, rectangular pattern etc.

You beat me to it. You might also point out that it will save her money, because she will no longer be watering your property as well.

Sprinkler heads typically just unscrew below ground level, an easy swap.

Steve Jenkins
07-07-2019, 12:06 PM
You beat me to it. You might also point out that it will save her money, because she will no longer be watering your property as well.

Sprinkler heads typically just unscrew below ground level, an easy swap.
If they are Pop-up not rotors the part you change is right on top. No digging required

Kev Williams
07-08-2019, 2:11 PM
get some of these or something similar and be done with it :)